• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Observations/ Questions

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Offered everyday but he picks and chooses when he wants to actually eat his greens
Update: he’s now 10.5 inches long! Seems to be shedding a lot (every other week). Will pick at his greens here and there. Eats a rotation of crickets and dubia roaches with occasional meal worms. @Sadie

Attachments

• IMG_1558.jpeg
    IMG_1558.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 34

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Update: he’s now 10.5 inches long! Seems to be shedding a lot (every other week). Will pick at his greens here and there. Eats a rotation of crickets and dubia roaches with occasional meal worms. @Sadie
I would not feed the meal worms till he's older closer to a year- the exoskeleton on them is pretty harsh on their stomachs - bsfl staple feeder - horn worms super worms and butter worms are treat worms- he looks good

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
I would not feed the meal worms till he's older closer to a year- the exoskeleton on them is pretty harsh on their stomachs - bsfl staple feeder - horn worms super worms and butter worms are treat worms- he looks good
Okay, thank you very much!

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
He’s had his one nostril looking like this the last couple days and the other is normal. Is this stuck shed?

Attachments

• IMG_1570.jpeg
    IMG_1570.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 23

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He’s had his one nostril looking like this the last couple days and the other is normal. Is this stuck shed?
Thats what it looks like - it looks really plugged -- let me ask somebody about anything that can be done- that is the worse I have seen -

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Thats what it looks like - it looks really plugged -- let me ask somebody about anything that can be done- that is the worse I have seen -
Thank you. His other nostril is completely normal. Appetite and behavior is completely normal as well

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you. His other nostril is completely normal. Appetite and behavior is completely normal as well
She responded and said this
It looks like something he will rub off on his own like they do against a rock or log.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, so just let him be?
yep when he starts getting crackly and dry you can spray w/ water take a soft baby toothbrush and gently brush is nose to get that loose stuff off

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
@Sadie 12” long already, has grown 4.5” in just shy of 3months.. is that normal? He’s moving to his new tank next week!

Attachments

• IMG_1621.jpeg
    IMG_1621.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 13

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@Sadie 12” long already, has grown 4.5” in just shy of 3months.. is that normal? He’s moving to his new tank next week!
Yes they grow fast the first year that is why we want his temps and UVB on par so they get a good start- he will slow down and shed slower as he gets older but the first year or so is when they do a lot of growing-- he will go thru relocation stress when you move him so his eating may be off - make sure you move all his belongings from the tank hes in now to the new one --

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Yes they grow fast the first year that is why we want his temps and UVB on par so they get a good start- he will slow down and shed slower as he gets older but the first year or so is when they do a lot of growing-- he will go thru relocation stress when you move him so his eating may be off - make sure you move all his belongings from the tank hes in now to the new one --
Okay, will do!

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
I finally moved him over to his new tank, my question is do I necessarily need to hang the basking and uvb light inside? I have it measured at 14 1/2” to the closest point of the uvb.. also my temps are only getting as hot as 98 to the closest basking point from about 102 where it normally was.. is this okay or should I try moving everything up a little bit? Thanks! @Sadie

Attachments

• IMG_1651.jpeg
    IMG_1651.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 4

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
I finally moved him over to his new tank, my question is do I necessarily need to hang the basking and uvb light inside? I have it measured at 14 1/2” to the closest point of the uvb.. also my temps are only getting as hot as 98 to the closest basking point from about 102 where it normally was.. is this okay or should I try moving everything up a little bit? Thanks! @Sadie
Also screen type for reference

Attachments

• IMG_1652.jpeg
    IMG_1652.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 4

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is the tank a 24" height? If so the UVB needs to be in the tank or no screen or unobstructed - anyway it needs to be so he can get direct rays of approx 12-15 inches w/ decor piece directly under it - the surface basking temps you want 95-100 taken w/ your probe thermometer - so either get a piece of decor he can get higher to the heat if he wants and give him a gradient of the 95-100- I can post things to hang the UVB in the tank if you need them just let me know

Latest posts