• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Observations/ Questions

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have an extra 100&150 watt basking bulb as well as an extra uvb one too. Also have a ceramic heat emitter bulb for when the winter months begin! I do have one more question though. So my beardie is only a little over 8” long and the breeder claims he was born in mid April. Isn’t that pretty small for his age?
he could be a little small but sometimes people can be off - as long as you give him the proper diet and good lighting that we have gone over he will catch up --

Typical age size chart​

Besides the above age groups, the below age and size chart may help you to approximate their age further.

• 0-1 months: 3-4 inches
  • 2 months: 5-9 inches
  • 3 months: 8-11 inches
  • 4 months: 9-12 inches
  • 5-6 months: 11-16 inches
  • 7-8 months: 13-20 inches
  • 9-12 months: 16-22 inches

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
he could be a little small but sometimes people can be off - as long as you give him the proper diet and good lighting that we have gone over he will catch up --

Typical age size chart​

Besides the above age groups, the below age and size chart may help you to approximate their age further.

• 0-1 months: 3-4 inches
  • 2 months: 5-9 inches
  • 3 months: 8-11 inches
  • 4 months: 9-12 inches
  • 5-6 months: 11-16 inches
  • 7-8 months: 13-20 inches
  • 9-12 months: 16-22 inches
Thank you, appreciate all your help

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you, appreciate all your help
@Sadie little update for you.. came home from work and found him up here in the far left corner away from basking but has the best uvb here. It’s 81 where he is there. His basking area was reading from 98-104 under the general vicinity of the light. He then went on to proceed to eat 12 crickets immediately after this picture which is the most he’s eaten a day so far! So hopefully all is well and normal now. Also talked to his breeder who confirmed she doesn’t have an exact date of birth for him
IMG_1439.jpeg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
@Sadie little update for you.. came home from work and found him up here in the far left corner away from basking but has the best uvb here. It’s 81 where he is there. His basking area was reading from 98-104 under the general vicinity of the light. He then went on to proceed to eat 12 crickets immediately after this picture which is the most he’s eaten a day so far! So hopefully all is well and normal now. Also talked to his breeder who confirmed she doesn’t have an exact date of birth for himView attachment 34545
He looks to be around 3 months maybe younger- what is the distance you have the UVB at?

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
He looks to be around 3 months maybe younger- what is the distance you have the UVB at?
From where he is on the decor it’s 8”. After he ate he went right back to basking. So it seems like he’s really starting to thrive now

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
From where he is on the decor it’s 8”. After he ate he went right back to basking. So it seems like he’s really starting to thrive now
Ok that is good --- his appetite has already picked up ---

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Ok that is good --- his appetite has already picked up ---
One week update. He seems to be growing quickly, eats anywhere from 12-18 crickets a day with romaine lettuce. Surface temps are consistently in the 107-109 range. He seems to be thriving

Attachments

• IMG_1461.jpeg
    IMG_1461.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 24

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
One week update. He seems to be growing quickly, eats anywhere from 12-18 crickets a day with romaine lettuce. Surface temps are consistently in the 107-109 range. He seems to be thriving
Following up on another week later update. Still doing very well

Attachments

• IMG_1474.jpeg
    IMG_1474.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 17

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Would you consider the uvb close enough to his basking area from this picture
As long as he can sit directly under it 8-10 inches distance - if your not sure get a measuring tape and measure it - your going to eventually haft to place that log piece so the big thick trunk is under the UVB instead of the long stick part sticking up in the air - I use that same piece of decor but that the thick trunk under the UVB w/ the long stick sitting on the floor

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
As long as he can sit directly under it 8-10 inches distance - if your not sure get a measuring tape and measure it - your going to eventually haft to place that log piece so the big thick trunk is under the UVB instead of the long stick part sticking up in the air - I use that same piece of decor but that the thick trunk under the UVB w/ the long stick sitting on the floor
Okay, yeah he can sit directly under I just get concerned cause he spends majority of his time under the basking light on his log which isn’t directly under the uvb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, yeah he can sit directly under I just get concerned cause he spends majority of his time under the basking light on his log which isn’t directly under the uvb
He knows what light he needs so let him do what he needs to do

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
He knows what light he needs so let him do what he needs to do
So his main source of food has been crickets, he picks and chooses when he wants to eat his lettuce but it is offered everyday. I’ve been giving him mealworms as well every other week. I’ve also been giving him these crafted cuisine juvenile soft pellets by flukers that he seems to like a lot. https://www.mypetstoreandmore.com/p...crafted-cuisine-juvenile-bearded-dragon-diet/
Anything else I should try giving him?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So his main source of food has been crickets, he picks and chooses when he wants to eat his lettuce but it is offered everyday. I’ve been giving him mealworms as well every other week. I’ve also been giving him these crafted cuisine juvenile soft pellets by flukers that he seems to like a lot. https://www.mypetstoreandmore.com/p...crafted-cuisine-juvenile-bearded-dragon-diet/
Anything else I should try giving him?
Roamine is good - I would go off the nutrition website I sent you - he needs greens there are staple greens listed - along w/ fruits and squashes etc go by the nutrition website I posted for you - I dont feed my dragons any dry insects or dry food - it is live insects and worms and regular salads fresh - dry food dries them out - dragons get their main moisture from fresh salads rinsed before serving - mealworms are treat worms and good for older dragons - the exo skeleton on them is hard on babies stomachs - if you want to give treat worms I would get horn worms or super worms and butter worms -
www.dubiaroaches.com for hornworms
www.joshsfrogs.com for butter worms and super worms

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Roamine is good - I would go off the nutrition website I sent you - he needs greens there are staple greens listed - along w/ fruits and squashes etc go by the nutrition website I posted for you - I dont feed my dragons any dry insects or dry food - it is live insects and worms and regular salads fresh - dry food dries them out - dragons get their main moisture from fresh salads rinsed before serving - mealworms are treat worms and good for older dragons - the exo skeleton on them is hard on babies stomachs - if you want to give treat worms I would get horn worms or super worms and butter worms -
www.dubiaroaches.com for hornworms
www.joshsfrogs.com for butter worms and super worms
Okay, thank you!

Latest posts