• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Breeder. Some Questions.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey People. Just thought I would let you all know that there are about 10 days to go.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
10 more days *sigh* I want to see them today. If it seems like forever for my it has to be killing you

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Actually, I should be more appreciative of the time I have on my hands at the moment.
This is sure to change in about 10 days time.
Woe is Me.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
In that case...."OMG! Only 10 days!!!! :eek:"

Is that better? ;D

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
All I can say is that I hope you have an abundant food supply stored up lol. Cuz you're gonna need it buddy. The one little pooper Brian gave me has decimated my nymph count lol. Time for the dubia nymphs to get a break and get some pinhead crix.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
When it comes to food supply I am pretty on track.

I have one colony of Dubia Roaches flourishing, one colony of Peledes (Not sure if this spelling is correct) Roaches flourishing, one colony of Lobster Roaches flourishing, a permanent supply of crix at 20 cents each, and plenty of greens available. Oh I forgot the supply of Silk Worms at 10 cents each.

I hope this is sufficient to hold out for about a month. Quite a few Babies are on pre - order already, these will go at three weeks old and those where people want pairs at about 8 weeks old. The pre-orders all have a 50% deposit paid, so this should help a bit towards the financial cost involved.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I thought it was better to keep the babies till 8 weeks before letting them go to their new homes. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I thought it was better to keep the babies till 8 weeks before letting them go to their new homes. Someone correct me if I am wrong on this.

I remeber something like 6 weeks or 6 inches whichever comes first.

BUT I know where you got the 8 weeks from. I think it was Tom, or maybe Brian who prefers to wait 8 weeks regardless of length or age.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
To obtain crickets is not a problem. So I will be getting bulk supplies of them in as well.

The time for letting them go to their new homes is only critical I feel, when someone wants a particular sex.

After a month the little ones should be able to be recognisable as healthy, feeding regularly etc.

I think it was Brian that mentioned the 8 factor.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Yea the major pet stores definitely have them by three weeks, I don't think rex was much older than that when I got him and he is doing quite well. Tinkerbell came from Brian so she was 8 weeks and she was much larger than Rex was when I got him. But they are both thriving so I'd say as long as the young pooper goes to a good home everything should be fine. The problem with the pet stores is they don't take very good care of reptiles, hence why you will sometimes see sick/dead animals in their display cases.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I have noticed that a major problem with the pet stores is that they are also inclined to overcrowd their cages.

With regard to my eggs, I checked them on Saturday and none of them have dimpled yet.
I am currently checking every second day. C'mon, hatch now.

Another bit of info, the lady I got the eggs from has now asked me to take her male. She will keep her two females of which one is gravid again. I will post pics as soon as I pic the male up.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Wow...more. Way to jump into beardies :) At least she finally got smart and decided to get rid of the male so there will not be anymore eggs.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OMGosh...... You just might become the biggest SA breeder ever.

Nght_RideA

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
went to a few shops on saturday and you right hey !! their baby beardie tanks were soovercrowded !!!

so my lil guy hasnt hatched yet :( hahahahaha

Latest posts