• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

EMERGENCY, HELP - HE ATE A PEBBLE!

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
i see, the problem for me is there is no reptile vet here in indonesia.
I looked & couldn't find any Indonesian Herp. Vets available & they are looking 2 hire a few thousand Doctors due 2 an obvious shortage.

shadowsong

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
packfan74: she's fine, thank you. a guy here who own lots of BD said it's ok, he had many experience bout this before and he also do autopsy if his BD is dead and he said that their alimentary tract is simple.
jeffO: yep, it's because herp hobbyists is still growing here, maybe in few years from now there will be herp vets, i hope.

packfan74

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Shadowsong,

Glad to see she's not in immediate danger. Also glad to see you've got a "go to" guy in case you need advice - good for you! My dragon is still acting a bit off (super slow BMs, a bit more lethargic than usual, slow down in eating, etc.) I'm hoping he's just bored with his menu. He's started his second full body shed in a month so that's good but I'm still watching him carefully just in case he's trying to brumate or somthing.

Anyways, Best Wishes - Cheers

Dubya11

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My baby dragon ate a decent size rock and 4 days later he passed it.. I couldn't visually tell but when I cleaned it up with TP I felt it. Even if he did eat it I'm sure he would be fine. It's just scary and takes time

tdrost

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
packfan, I am glad to hear that things are looking a little better for your family and dragon! You are absolutely right, we do take on 100% of responsibility for all our pets.
I understand how hard it can be to put out that kind of money, but I do believe that when we do the best we can for our pets, we are rewarded.
we do afterall reap what we sow!

shadowsong

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
after long 2 weeks waiting, finally he pass it
rock poo.jpg
the rock is on the left side of my thumb, can you see how big it is, and the shape is not round

number 1.jpg
here he is

number 1a.jpg
the rock is smaller than the distance between his eyes, but still it's a quite big rock for me

and yes, i really mean he, not she. this is different dragon that i have which eat small rock too after the female dragon. i cant believe it happened again while i was putting them outside to do sunbathing. after he pass it, i know that my female will be alright because the rock that she ate is much smaller and more round.

shadowsong

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
thanks :) looks like he tend to produce more slimy material which cover up his poop..

Latest posts