• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Egg ???

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've got a Yellow Patternless Trans male that is 8 months old, 16 1/2 in. & weighs around 180-190 grams. Very lanky looking dragon that should reach around the 20 in. mark. Not that common in the Trans gene lately. Being patient & working with hets is always beneficial for strengthening or altering a gene, I like your 5 yr. plan.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Awsome i sure need to learn more about the genentics end of things do you recomend any reading to learn more about that

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Above in the discussion Tom mentioned a breeding program combining New & Old school in order to preserve key genetic traits to strengthen/alter a gene. Whether it be 4 color, size, certain genetic disorders or reputable bloodline, most breeders are concerned with recessive genes. Heterozygous (Het) genes are recessive genes past down and carried on but do not necessarily show in the animals appearance. Captive breeding is always producing something new & exciting for people to work with & appreciate but in many eyes has weakened certain bloodlines. That's why reputable breeders are taking their time to work with lineage that produces amazing, healthy offspring.

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you have any other questions concerning a particular morph or bloodline, post a thread & I'm sure you can get the information you're looking for.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I was talking to Bill about that breeding project as well. My guess right now to do it correctly and prove it out is at least a 5 year plan. I could rush it but the results would be off and hard to prove.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well our little dragon laid 22 eggs today while i was work the wife was home to take care of them and put them in the incubator. Came home from work at 3am and took a look and half of them are dented. I put some damp paper towl over them and add a bit of water the the humidity tray any other suggestions? Other then the dents they look nice and white and clean so signs of disscoloration.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
temp 85 humidy was 50% now running about 80 or higher. The damp cloth pull some of the them out but there are a few still dented.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Was this her first clutch how did the eggs look before they were placed in the incubator. when you say little dragon how big is she?

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
No this is her second clutch. shes a yr and a half old the little was just a figure of speach. Sorry i dont have weight on her. The eggs looked good and plump evenly colored when she layed them.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
or eggs stay at 83f and humid at around 80

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You definitely have to get your humidity up.

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
no first clutch went south i have my humidity running at 80% + now

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
once for sure that i saw but i have them housed togeather so could be more

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
ok ,you should split them up she is gravid you don’t want her to have any stress she can lay many more clutches

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ya up to five i have read. So keeping them togeather can streass her out. time to set up a nother tank lol i love it.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
yes she can lay before its time .I have one that just layed her 6th clutch

Latest posts