• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Egg ???

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ya that i knew. I sure appreciate the help hope the next batch is a success

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
we have a couple hundred in the incubator

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
hay Jeff I just purchased 11 more most of them adult females
Congrats, Bill &Karen. Very Nice! What did you end up with? I'm trying to pick up 5 more in the next few months. 3 females & 2 males. I've got a few ideas that should keep me busy for a bit.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congrats, Bill &Karen. Very Nice! What did you end up with? I'm trying to pick up 5 more in the next few months. 3 females & 2 males. I've got a few ideas that should keep me busy for a bit.

I will post pics saturday night

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
don't forget we have another contest coming

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
So i guess the question was never answered what kind of potting soil do you guys use. Nothing with perlite im assuming. doese this cause mold growing bacteria like i have read or not.? When you put your container, what ever your using in the incubator do you leave a lid on it or do you leave it open for better air flow? Do you ever add more water to the vermiculite to keep it moist or doese it retain its moisture for the full incubation period. Just figured i should ask all my questions before the 2nd clutch comes. And for those who are wondering yes id like to get into major breeding at some point and time right now id be happy just to breed enough to pay for all my critters. So i would appreciat all the info i can get. The web has allot of info but allot conflicts with each other, Id rather have info from those who have been through it. I sure appreciate all the help you guys have given me so far. On a good note i have some crested gecko eggs in the incubator cant wait till they hatch out im so stoked

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh ya one more question mainly for tom, jef, and bill roughly how many female do you breed to keep a steady flow of babies of course you dont have to tell me but i should would like to know.

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So i guess the question was never answered what kind of potting soil do you guys use. Nothing with perlite im assuming. doese this cause mold growing bacteria like i have read or not.? When you put your container, what ever your using in the incubator do you leave a lid on it or do you leave it open for better air flow? Do you ever add more water to the vermiculite to keep it moist or doese it retain its moisture for the full incubation period. Just figured i should ask all my questions before the 2nd clutch comes. And for those who are wondering yes id like to get into major breeding at some point and time right now id be happy just to breed enough to pay for all my critters. So i would appreciat all the info i can get. The web has allot of info but allot conflicts with each other, Id rather have info from those who have been through it. I sure appreciate all the help you guys have given me so far. On a good note i have some crested gecko eggs in the incubator cant wait till they hatch out im so stoked

i use organic soil and sand

Bill

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh ya one more question mainly for tom, jef, and bill roughly how many female do you breed to keep a steady flow of babies of course you dont have to tell me but i should would like to know.

i have a lot and plan to have 100 we are now starting the high end dragons but we also breed chameleons and tortoises

Brett

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
well let me know when you have some veilds going id like a pair

Jp

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm small time,,,,4 now. I plan to work with 10 females in 2012. Heh! That sounds like something a pimp would say.

TheWolfmanTom

Dragon Breeder
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My breeding varys year to year. This year I am only breeding a staggered group of 2 males and 4 females. I will produce roughly 200 to 300 babys this year. Keep in mind Im also in a re-tooling phase. Next years breeding projects are going to be more intense, as I cross weaker trans lines into some of my big old school lines to make some nice hets to breed back into the trans lines. My 5 year goal is 20 + inch trans monsters.

Latest posts