• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Castiel's 2nd clutch just started to hatch!

Vincent

Hatchling Dragon
Update on the kiddos: They quit coming through after those three, the egg that appeared cracked has not poked a nose out still. Thinkin if it hasn't by now, it probably wont. I was still having eggs hatch a week later on the last clutch though, so stay tuned!
what do you do with the babys sell them???

:D:eek:;)
cause if you ship them out to people i would be more than happy to buy one off you:D:D:D

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
what do you do with the babys sell them???
When I found out Castiel was going to be a mommy I immediately searched out ways to have the babies taken in. What I sell them for does not even cover the food they consume while getting to an appropriate age to let them go. I did not get into this to make money, I just want to make sure the babies are taken care of. There is a local pet store that will take the babies if I can't find good homes for them. This is not something I jumped in to intentionally, but out of ignorance. After they stop throwing clutches this season we will not be breeding them again. The male has gone to another home.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Nothing yet. Some of them rolled over in the first hatching stages, I think they were moving around too much and didn't make it :( Guess I didn't quite have them firmly set in the vermiculite enough.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
What, still no more popping their heads out, or is your Camera broke :p.
After a day short of a week, the eggs were starting to look bad. I know a few had rolled while getting ready to hatch and didn't make it. The giant egg didn't make it. My husband opened up the eggs for me to make sure we couldn't save any of them and we saw only one that had a mostly clear egg stuff come out while we opened it. I'm not sure if this is appropriate for all audiences. Remove it if it's too gross, Germ. I hope that one is saveable, but there was another in there that had absorbed the liquid and never popped out, we are keeping 3 in the incubator that look fairly well formed and hopefully they'll be okay but I'm not seeing any attempt to breathe. I don't know if I should hold on to them for 24 hours to see if they start to breathe and move? Maybe I just can't tell if they're trying? I'm no good at this. Last time there were no fully formed ones that just didn't hatch.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
smiley-sad.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Some of them had stopped developing earlier, just took til now to realize. Probably still the issues from temp variation in the incubator and the humidity issues the incubator was having, not caught soon enough. That just means the ones that hatched are tough buggers for being the ones to make it and will be extra awesome! That's the way the last clutch worked anyway. They were all eating and getting fat and eating their greens within a week or two.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
OMG Gorgeous! Look at those colors right at hatching! It just spit itself out when I was looking away, didn't expect it at all! Right next to the one that has since soaked up the red veiny stuff around the face.
IMG_2091.jpg
I know I should not have a favorite out of babies I don't intend to keep... but this is mine. I WANT!!!!! (Think if I throw a fit room will magically make itself available so I can keep her/him?)
Just look at this pattern and all the orange!
IMG_2144.jpg

Such a fatso already :)
IMG_2145.jpg

It's hard to get the camera to pick out the oranges in her head from the yellows, but believe me, this dragon is a charmer!
IMG_2146.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
And what's the big deal with clear nails? I've heard some breeders make them sound special. I didn't notice til I looked at this picture, but there they are. They're so tiny you have to have them amplified to tell lol.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
They are turing out so beautiful!! So how many in total?
Thank you, Daeyang! There were only 3 that hatched from this clutch. (I'm no professional breeder. I figure I did good to have any hatch.)

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Congratulations on the three hatchlings you got! That's a remarkable process to be a part of! You should be proud!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you so much, Josh! I love these babies so much it is so hard to let them go. I'm fairly positive that two of these little guys are hypos, they've both got clear nails and gorgeous orange colors on them.

Latest posts