• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Castiel's 2nd clutch just started to hatch!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, I have baby pics! We don't ever get tired of those, do we? I was just shining a flashlight in and noticed one egg collapsed, another sweating, and even another starting to hatch! What a precious little thing :).

Germ: Top left is the one that used to seem so giant.
IMG_2079.jpg

And a close up of the hatchling:
IMG_2080.jpg

Question is will I try to stay up all night to wait for it to hatch? Hmmm.... probably not. Will take more pics in the morning.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, Germ... I'm busted! I do open the door a lot when they're hatching :p.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
aww she's amazing :') so cute and brand new :'D i don't think my heart could take witnessing a beardie hatching session in real life, i find things like this very emotional but in a good way <3

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Panicking! Is this blood or a gorgeous red on a baby that should be yellow and orange? 2nd to begin to poke through.
IMG_2089.jpg

IMG_2090.jpg

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yikes.. those look more like viens; not a red color on the beardie O.O

Daeyang

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hmm.. maybe its just the "afterbirth" of the egg? hahaha.. well i'm not 100% sure; keep us updated!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I will. It seems to be fading, but his head hasn't come through any more either.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Scratch that, it was the lighting i was seeing it in that was making me think it was fading.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm thinking that it may be just part of the egg sac that hasn't been broken through yet, there does seem to be an edge or break in it in the close up, just above the shell. Gonna be a wait & see, nothing you can do to help it along, that I know of.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I'm thinking that it may be just part of the egg sac that hasn't been broken through yet, there does seem to be an edge or break in it in the close up, just above the shell. Gonna be a wait & see, nothing you can do to help it along, that I know of.
Okay, edge is off of the panic. Thank you! It probably is the egg sac, come to think of it. That reminds me of what you see through the egg when you candle it. A bunch of veins.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That is awesome, Germ! That's what I thought you were talking about. Thank you for the visual!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great clear pics by the way :)

Your going to make me stay up for pics again tonight, aren't you :p ???

Latest posts