• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Castiel's 2nd clutch just started to hatch!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
LOL NOPE! I will sleep... eventually... within the next couple of hours. Hubby won't let me stay up all night, I've got to get up with the kids in the morning.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
And if the last baby was any indication, this one won't hatch til morning. That's the way most of them went last time too. They take hours and hours to lazily soak up that egg sack and climb outta there. They take long naps in between each little inch they climb out.

EDIT: Inches was giving way too much ground, considering the egg is only about an inch or two mostly, you know what I meant.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
OMG Gorgeous! Look at those colors right at hatching! It just spit itself out when I was looking away, didn't expect it at all! Right next to the one that has since soaked up the red veiny stuff around the face.
IMG_2091.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, I am going to let you walk through my morning with me :D.
I woke up this morning and peeked in on the little guys. *GASP!* One is missing!
IMG_2094.jpg

Oh, there's the pretty little guy! I see another head poking up there.
IMG_2095.jpg

And now we have two hatchlings.
IMG_2097.jpg

The one that had the egg sac on it yesterday is still trying to come out:
IMG_2098.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
NICE,I WAS WONDERING WHAT YOU PUT THEM IN.DO YOU HAVE EXTRA TANKS OR SOMETHING.
Yep! Mayoko from our last clutch is the last one left in the 20L. I'm thinking this clutch is close enough together I probably can house them together for a short time. They stay in the incubator for 24-72 hours first though.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Yay! Another crack, this one will be the next it looks like :)
IMG_2099.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
A regular basking light. Anything with bright white light that also produces heat, same as in her regular tank. Halogen has been recommended, but any basking light will do, just be mindful of the temps!

Vincent

Hatchling Dragon
A regular basking light. Anything with bright white light that also produces heat, same as in her regular tank. Halogen has been recommended, but any basking light will do, just be mindful of the temps!
using vermiculite as subract for egg laying,is that ok?????

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
using vermiculite as subract for egg laying,is that ok?????
I would imagine so! I've never tried it, so I don't know how well it works. I've tried childrens washed play sand mixed with perilite, straight perilite, and my recent mix has been organic potting soil mixed with childrens washed play sand. All have seemed to work differently for my different dragons, Castiel will lay in anything, Cleopatra liked the sand mixed with perilite.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Update on the kiddos: They quit coming through after those three, the egg that appeared cracked has not poked a nose out still. Thinkin if it hasn't by now, it probably wont. I was still having eggs hatch a week later on the last clutch though, so stay tuned!

Latest posts