• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why do you like Beardies?

Pat B

Super Moderator
I agree with Emmily....a beautiful story. I always say take care and love your animals and they will give it back to you! :D But then my little beardie with an attitude entered my life!! He so wants to be the alpha in my house but 'it just ain't gonna happen!' LOL!! I love the little guy and really enjoy him....so much to learn!! :rolleyes:

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Its like you learn something new everyday. I learned this past week that the crickets I give her are just not cutting it anymore and I have to get bigger. I found them cheaper than Fluker Farms at Armstrongcrickets.com. Hopefully they have Black Crickets so I can check them out and see how well they do. I also found out that cheap hissing roaches are illegal to have in AZ :( So yes I love learning new things and learn about her personality everyday.

Beardie123

Juvenile Dragon
I dont like beardies .. i love them unfortunatly when i first decided to get a lizard i though they were ugly, the day i walk into my reptile specialty store and saw a little baby beardie run up to the glass and look at me i knew i had to have one :) a month later she was 3 months old and i had to go out of the state for a weekend my aunt was babysitting and she called she said my beardie refused to eat i got home and she looked half dead black and very slim i put veggies and crickest in the tank she just sat still, I litteral prayed to god that if she ate i ould be a better pet owner and no leave like that again i went to school that day crying and when i came home she was as licely as ever i was soo happy :) and now i am the only person she eats from my baby loves my soo much <3 and that is how i first began to like them / how i found out my baby loves me :)

Dizzy

Hatchling Dragon
A bit like a previous poster, I've always wanted a beardie but my mother and girlfriend at the time just didn't want it.

I've always been keen on lizards in general and love the way they behave. Originally I wanted a frilled dragon but after learning that they'll only frill when startled or unhappy I decided I wouldn't want one. Despite the drill looking fantastic it kind of defeats the purpose of wanting it as I don't want any kind of animal in my care being unhappy.

Anyhow after being with my current girlfriend for the last 5 years we are buying a house and know exactly where Ludek's (Ludo's) home will be.

It'll be tough at first arranging the 3 feeds a day but my girlfriend has agreed to feed as long as no insect touching is involved. She's fine with worms etc but not cricks.

I generally work long hours leaving at 10 in the morning and coming home at ten at night. Is that too late for his last feed? I'm thinking of setting temps to wake him up around 9 am and running them down towards 11pm. All new to me but I will work round it as its something I've always wanted.

They are such beautiful creatures and I simply cannot wait until I get to show mine off!

Mungi's Kat

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ive had several diff reptiles in my life starting with my first Anole that mom and dad got me from the circus. My hubby and I just got our beardie a few months ago. We had been checkin him out at the pet shop for about a month. His enclosure was the first place we would go and he woukd immediately come up to the front glass to greet us with a hand wave or cock of the head. Absolutely without a doubt his charm and personality is what got us hook line and sinker :)

Sent from my ADR6425LVW using Tapatalk 2

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
I always had dogs, and I've collected tropical fish since I was five years old. But I never liked any other animals, especially cats. I did collect Tarantulas once, when I first came home from the USMC, but that only lasted like two or three years.

Well, about two months ago, one of my 5 yo grandsons (there are two), and my three yo granddaughter started playing with tree frogs out in the yard. Now, there are all kinds of lizards and anoles out there also. About a month ago they started crying because they wanted to bring the frogs inside the house. After a few days I relented, but I said only two. However, the frogs kept dying, so I said "no more frogs". So about ten days ago, my daughter took them to PetCo to find them some of those fancy tree frogs, thinking they'll last longer.

As I understand it, the guy at PetCo talked them into a Bearded Dragon instead. Let me interject here that I had seen BDs before, and did not like them. So here they come with the 'lizard' (what I first called it), a 20 gallon long tank, lights, lamps, dishes, the works... The first words out of my mouth were: "What the #%$& is this?". I proceeded to ask for my credit card back. I didn't want anything to do with it. But... I'm 'grandpow', and they claimed 'I'm the only one that can put everything together'.

So I started putting everything together, doing research on the internet on how to care for it (the reason I'm here). To further win me over, my grandson named it after me "Christopher'. Then we found out it was a she and changed the name to 'Patricia'. My grandchildren still like Patricia, but they are back out in the yard, chasing tree frogs. I put Patricia's tank in my room, I play with her everyday. I'm learning a lot here at the forum. I like her a lot, she's won my heart. I even gave her her first bath today, my grandson helped with that too.

I know what you guys and girls are thinking now, and you're right: I talk too dang long.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You don't talk to dang long!!!! Loved the story
icon_thumright-1.gif
. Sounds much like Pat B's ;).

NaTasha Brinkley

Juvenile Dragon
My husband's good friend had bearded dragons and I remember going over and seeing them years ago. I thought they were so cool looking, but never thought about getting one. Then my daughter said she wanted one for her Birthday so we did all the research to learn more about how to take care of them. During this research I discovered that there were many different varieties of beardies besides the 'normal' ones that our friend had and that all the pet stores seemed to have. I fell in love instantly with the hypos and snows and 'leucistics'. Something about the pale coloring of them intrigued me. So, when we were finally ready to buy our dragon we went to a reptile expo near us and bought from a breeder. Ours was the last hypo 'leucistic' left in this breeders stock and the ONLY one that light in color that we saw at the entire expo. My daughter and I fell in love with him instantly and had to argue with my husband that we didn't want to look at any more beardies b/c THIS is the one we wanted. LOL. Now, I feel like I have a 3rd child. I'm so entertained by everything he (we named him Rocky) does. I can't wait to see how big he gets and what his final coloring will be. Right now he is a greenish/aqua with grey and lavender markings on his body and orange markings on his head. Very colorful, but I'm hoping he lightens up more as he grows. I can't pinpoint exactly why I love them, beside how cool they look, but I can say that I am officially a Dragon lover!

Latest posts