• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why do you like Beardies?

Pat B

Super Moderator
I don't have a clue why I like my little beardie that has an attitude. I originally got Spike for my 8 year old grandson because his friend had one. After I got him....I decided a beardie is a lot of work and probably too much for Jack and his mother so I kept him. He is pretty cool....he is a stubborn little cuss and marches to the beat of his own drum....:confused: It has been great fun setting up his 'home' and trying to be creative. I want to make it a home he would like but he probably could care less....:cool: There is so much to learn about beardies and I think that has been the most fun and also reading all the postings on the best forum on the web!! :D

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My beardie's my baby. I love her like my own child and she makes me feel good, happy, and just by seeing her smile, she makes my day much more brighter. Her personality's very friendly. There's nothing more than a storyteller and her familiar. :) All right, all right, I'm a storyteller. I write stories of all kinds. I recently started writing poetry and have been writing sci-fi for many years. And another thing, I'm also on the Autism Spectrum and have ADD. Animals help me be myself. :p

Pat B

Super Moderator
My beardie's my baby. I love her like my own child and she makes me feel good, happy, and just by seeing her smile, she makes my day much more brighter. Her personality's very friendly. There's nothing more than a storyteller and her familiar. :) All right, all right, I'm a storyteller. I write stories of all kinds. I recently started writing poetry and have been writing sci-fi for many years. And another thing, I'm also on the Autism Spectrum and have ADD. Animals help me be myself. :p
WOW!! Animals are wonderful companions no matter what kind. I think my little Spike is really cool and I don't have to chase him like a dog or a cat! He stays put in his home. He is too little yet to let him roam around the house. He would probably love that because then he could hide from me....:eek:

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
For the first time today, Allie hid under her hammock from me. To draw her out for cricket time, I gave her some. She also tried out her hammock by herself. She liked it. :)

Pat B

Super Moderator
For the first time today, Allie hid under her hammock from me. To draw her out for cricket time, I gave her some. She also tried out her hammock by herself. She liked it. :)
Your Allie is a trip!! He (?) does such funny stuff. Spike hides under his hammock all the time and he isn't quite sure what it is when I put him in it. All beardies are so different....it is interesting to read how different they all are. I can say for sure that mine definitely has an 'attitude' issue but hopefully with time he will grow out of it!! :oops:

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know! She's a trip, definitely! She's a dare devil. She'll be sitting on your shoulder and then leap off, probably thinking if she expands her body into a pancake, she'll fly. She does. Then when you put her on the ground with a blanket or something, she'll run down the blanket and leap into the air both arms flinging out. I had pictures of her doing that and some other 'dare devil acts' as well. She'll actually climb the sides of the play pen to get inside. She's so fearless, but if something scares her, she runs straight to my neck and burrow her angular head there. Won't move at all until I sit down and pet her. Then the front door to go outside. She tries to get to the door in a hurry by leaping off the arm of my chair. She calms down when she realizes I'm going to open the door and let her look outside. It's the same way when she's outside. Of course, she scratches at the door like our dogs do, too. :D

Of course their personalities are so different.

Em Lynch

Juvenile Dragon
I like beardies because they are so sweet in nature and they are such interesting creatures to learn about. I love learning about different species and bearded dragons still continue to amaze me the more i learn about different behaviours and their biology, i think they are endearing and fascinating to watch!
I love my girl with all my heart, same routine every day, i'm in it for the long run. The "novelty" will never wear off in my case, we are inseparable

John

Bearded Dragon Egg
I always wanted a lizard when I was growing up, but my mother was affriad of them, well I am older now, and I told my GF how I always wanted a lizard, she bullied me until I did it, and Iam glad she did.

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Ever since I was little I was amused by the wild lizards running around. Living in Arizona you see so many different kinds of species. We even have some that look like Leopard Geckos. Well anyways as I grew older and my mom agreed to letting me have a reptile of any sort, I rescued a Leopard Gecko. You can tell he lost his tail previously and it grew back all fat and funny shaped. He was also missing an eye. I loved him dearly. I had him for about 2 years before he died. You could tell he was quite old. He was slow and cautious and would snuggle with me while I watched tv and take lovely naps. When he died I was so devastated. I can tell you I never cried over a boy like that ;) lol but it took some time to recover and I thought I should try a different species of reptile. I was going to go with a Boa but I have a Hamster and that probably wouldnt have worked out lol. So I did my research I found out how interesting Beardies looked and I got everything that I needed before I went and bought my beardie. When the guy at the pet store started moving the house there was so many tiny babies! I was so excited and he told me to pick the one I liked. So I picked who is now Cleo and she has grown alot. Everyday I get closer and closer to her. We can cuddle and watch tv together and she curl up in my blankets even though she pooped on top of one of my favorite pillows -.- lol. I just had a very long history of reptiles. I remember one time a toad jumped in my pool and couldnt get out so I saved him :) no one else would touch him and he was so soft lol he was huge I had to pick him up with both hands. But anyways Cleo brightens my day. When I am gone for more than a day I just miss her so much and my dad takes good care of her when I am gone. I was diagnosed with Depression and Anxiety so when I'm feeling down or just everything in the world is crashing down I go and hold her and she makes me smile and feel like everything is going to be ok :) I have baby pictures of her and I am amazed that I am being a good mother and watching her grow everyday. I must be doing something right haha. I am also a Nurse so being able to not take care of something and not having my animal children makes me feel empty and have no purpose. Sorry this is long and I had to go into every detail for some reason lol just never been asked and I let it all out! :)

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Yes ! They are my world! I plan to get a rat soon also. I really do want a snake but my boyfriend is terrified of them and just wont have it lol He has a African Sulcata. Hes getting so big haha He says when we have the room and the money for another beardie I can get one :D haha yays. But our family consists of a hamster, Monsieur pooperton, Cleo the beardie, a Shih tzu name Stinky shoe but shoe for short, and a tortoise named atlas :) pooperton is old though. I've had him since he was a baby and he is pushing on 3 this year and they only live 2-3 years so I am hoping he lives longer than expected :(

Pat B

Super Moderator
Ahhh....I do remember the bf that hates snakes....he is the one I like....lol! Someone here on the forum has a sulcata(sp?) tortoise, can't remember who, and I made him a friend on FB....:D Have fun with your menagerie!

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Yeah ! Bowser the Sulcata. This is Atlas the Sulcata :) He's gotten ALOT bigger. I used to be able to pick him up with one hand now I have to use two. i know he's pushing maybe 3-4lbs now. Hes a big boy who likes to snort when he doesnt get his way hahah But I believe Bowser is so adorable!

Attachments

• 394526_288399084541731_100001149259192_747272_880016545_n.jpg
    394526_288399084541731_100001149259192_747272_880016545_n.jpg
    196.4 KB · Views: 59

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I love Sulcatas. I would love it if I could house one :) Atlas is very handsome!

Emmily

Juvenile Dragon
Thanks :) He is was in the middle of flaking his shell in that pic so it looks a little off but he's adorable. Tries to eat my boyfriend's mom's flip flops cuz theyre green hahah so funny

Beautiful Tortoise. Please take this to the 'Other Pets' Section ;).

Thanks,
Mod

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
LOL! What a cute tortoise. I've always had interests in lizards too. I once had a wild green anole named Lizzy. I let her go after giving birth to two eggs and when I let her go, she'd always visit me. Then I moved away, and I hope she's all right. But Allie reminds me of Lizzy some of the time. Maybe Allie's Lizzy's spirit. I'm not sure about that. There were other Anoles there, but Lizzy touched my heart. I loved having an Anole and wanted one for a long time. Oh yeah, I had a Skink named Slinky. Now, I wasn't sure if he was a he or a she. I took care of him/her with wild crickets. Slinky was a wild Skink. Unfortunately, Slinky was let go by a younger cousin who got bit by a wasp or a bee. Slinky ran away, never to return. But I knew s/he must've been okay because I saw other Skinks. I thought s/he was okay. :) Anyway, I've had hermit crabs, gerbils, a bird, and had four dogs, now three, and a beautiful bearded dragon. She's one of a kind.

Latest posts