• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why Did You Name Your Beardie The Name You Chose?

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
we named our little ones studly (because he is a true stud and proud of it) we hope he turns out to be a boy! we named the other one sheila since she is an Aussie lizard! we are hoping she turns out to be a girl!
Ya know...the great Johnny Cash wrote a song called "A Boy Named Sue"....You better hope Sheila is in fact a lil lady...LOL
Just kidding...beardies seem to be very forgiving of us humans when we name them a wrong sex name...at least as long as there are plenty of crickets coming their way that is...lol:D

cole_schank

Bearded Dragon Egg
Hahaha yes I love that song! We have been watching them closely and we think we are on the money with Studly, but Sheila seems to be a lady with her little personality. when should we enter pictures for the pic o' the month?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The new Contest will be announced & posted near or on the weekend, once this month's winner has been chosen.

BoomBoom

Hatchling Dragon
I hope this doesnt sounds really corny, but I was saying names to him, and when I said Boomer repeatedly, he turned his head to the side every time. The only name that he did that with lol :)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
I hope this doesnt sounds really corny, but I was saying names to him, and when I said Boomer repeatedly, he turned his head to the side every time. The only name that he did that with lol :)

Personally I think that is an excellent way to find a good name...give him the chance to tell you what his name is and he will as he did...nothing corny at all about that:)
Enjoy!

Koda

Bearded Dragon Egg
@Claire haha, that's kind of how I knew what not to name one of my dogs. My family was sitting around him thinking of names and I suggested Ein and he growled at me. I think he knew that was a corgi name (from the anime Cowboy Bebop), and he was a beagle that wasn't going to take that nonsense. Somehow he ended up being called Luke instead.
I love the name Boomer btw, that was the name of my first dog. Although he got his name for his explosive bad gas and constant barking haha. I loved that dog to pieces.

As for my beardie, its not really an interesting story. I already had a name in mind before I even picked him out. I've recently gotten interested in Vlad the Impaler (the man Dracula is based on) and I loved how his last name was pronounced (tseh-pesh). So here I am with my baby beardie named Tepes. Boring story, I know.

LunaLupus

Hatchling Dragon
Big Ang came with her name, and she fits it! Chubbiest beardie I've ever seen! lol As for Rocky, he is named after Rocky Balboa since he's such a fighter. :D

Silkmoth

Hatchling Dragon
I will try the name Pendragon on mine. In the Shannara series of books there was a boy named Penderin. He travelled through a portal to rescue a family member and met up with a dragon several times. It is a male name but if my beardy turns out to be a girl, she can be called Penny!
Then again she may tell me her name. I "hear" names inside sometimes. I am not making any claims that I am a psychic but it just happens. I think the name is rather clever!

Bk7

Hatchling Dragon
I was originally going to name my beardie..."the kraken" but my wife didn't like it, she said he looked more like a Pablo and my daughter thought that was great. What the kids want is what the kids get so Pablo it was an that's how my beardie got his name

One beardie. Four corns. One ball python. One Costa Rican boa.

ize

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Most of my reptiles are names after Iron Chefs from the Japanese show...
Micheba - Beardie Female
Koumei - Beardie Male
Morimoto - Ackie Monitor
Kobe - Bredli Python
Sukai - Olive Python
Ishinabe - Jungle Python
Kenichi - Childrens Python

We have a baby Frilly callled JaJa and we did have one called Binks. Unfortunately Binks passed away a few months ago.

Micheba and Koumei have 6 babies but we will only be keeping one of them

NorbertTheDragon

Hatchling Dragon
Norbert- In the Harry Potter series, Hagrid acquires a dragon egg and names the hatchling Norbert. Norbert later turns out to be a female. So if Norbert turns out to be a female, it will be true to the book! If not, it's still a cute name for a male BD. :]

spazz

Hatchling Dragon
Max is named for Mad Max Rockatansky. I'm not sure why, but on the ride home from the PS I looked dow n at him and the. name Mad Max popped into my head. It was just one of those things.

huberland

Bearded Dragon Egg
Nozdormu is the aspect of time, a bronze dragon in the Warcraft game lore. I'm kind of a nerd with the story of that game, world so I thought it fit perfect lol

LittleMerlin

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
We are such big NCIS fans at my house :). I have Abby (female leopard gecko), Ziva (pappillon), McGee (horse), Duckie the rescue duck. So I named mine Jethro to be team Gibbs lol. Though I love the idea of naming one Castiel from Supernatural!!! Need one to be Dean, Sam, and Castiel XD

Latest posts