• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Why Did You Name Your Beardie The Name You Chose?

Cate Black

Hatchling Dragon
Even when I'm holding her I wonder why the name fits so well.
And Hiccup, when I thought she was a girl, named her Hiccup and now I find out its a boy! So the name fits even better!
I named Juliet after a song and a girl I had a crush on in college. I would always sing this song to her and she would giggle and blush.
"Juliet- when we made love you used to cry
you said 'ill love you like the stars above,
im gonna love you till I die
Julie~ I'm so in love. "
And thats why she's named Juliet. x3

Hiccup I named after Hot to Train your Dragon, and didnt care if he was a girl or boy before hand. Now that I know hes a boy it fits perfectly.

SO discuss- Why did you name your beardie the name you chose?

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Ok well my son named Jessie before we left the petstore he said he has friend name Jessie. I have a little one I don't know if it a boy or girl yet if boy name is rascal for the little rascals show, and if girl name is scarlett like scarlett o harrah (misspelled that last name)

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
How did you decide your dragons names and what do they mean?

I'll start

We had half decided to get a dragon, we were not completely sure...Then one day I saw these beautiful babies on the internet and decided I had to have one...So I made contact arranged to go see them 2 days later...We talked about names and we had a few in mind but no decision had been made so I get there, see them and decide I can't leave without one...I put my hand in their enclosure and realize they have a bad setup the viv was too small, they have no UV and it was no where near warm enough anyway my hand is in the bottom of the viv and these babies are looking at it with a look of ''OMG get out NOW you weird foreign object'' but then these two beautiful playful little miracles come to my finger tips lick my nails and climb on to my fingers slowly...it was magical they sat closed their eyes and hung on for dear life while I raised my hand out and shuffled them gently into my palm...as I looked on in amazement they sat perfectly still opened their eyes looked me square in the face and watched as my face lit up and tears began to fill my eyes and at that moment I knew I couldn't choose between them they made a connection with my heart so quickly and I knew I was gonna be their mum! Sooo on the looooooooooong journey home I sat with them in the box peaking on them to make sure they were ok and thought about the names we had picked out...we had Spike and Ryuu if they were male and I only had one girl name, Kaiyda. Ryuu means dragon in Japanese and Kaiyda means little dragon in Japanese. My worry was these are Australian and the names are Japanese..I can't do that...so my plan was to look on the internet for Australian names that meant dragon. Anyway when we got home and I opened the box I looked at these tiny little babies and knew almost straight away Spikey was gonna be Spike because he has much bigger spikes than the other so that was that and as I looked at the smallest of the clutch (the runt if you prefer) she was tiny with these big eyes looking at me and I knew little dragon is what she was so Kaiyda was perfect for her!

It's funny that subconsciously when I picked that name and had so much difficulty in choosing a second girls name I must have known I would end up with a tiny little girl who it would fit so perfectly. My boyfriend when he suggested Spike tried to convince me it was the right name and I was not swayed I hated it. Now I realize that between us we had each picked a name that would be so perfectly fitting to the little angels I brought home and welcomed into our rather unique family of a snake, a dog, and 2 other lizards (rescues) I never quite knew why I chose the names I did for the others. Louie had huge brown eyes and looks almost human so his name kinda fits, Oz was called Ozzy because after 3 weeks of being here we had music on and she wandered into the front room sat in the middle of the floor and began nodding along to an Ozzy Osbourne song so it stuck and I've grown to love her name. The dog already had her name when we got her I don't care for it much, piper :confused: it doesn't suit her personality! and the snake...well she has many names but no official name! I have no plans to find the perfect name because she has many different moods and I don't think a name would fully describe her personality.

Thank you for taking the time to read this epic tale of the naming of our babies I look forward to reading your trials and tribulations of finding the perfect name :D

Merged the 2 threads "Why Did I Name My BD Juliette (Name Discussion)" & "Names" together, as they were both for the same purpose & renamed the thread.

Mod

sircactuscat

Juvenile Dragon
Hmm, mine was much more simpler. My grandad died a few years ago, so the name kinda fitted well. I then looked into more possibilities of different names but here in England we celebrate George's day. A sort of pagan story of a knight called George that killed the dragon. Everything compelled me to chose that name. So I did. And I'm glad. :)

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
First day we brought Mungi home and set a bowl of crickets(about 15 of them) down in front of him he gobbled them down so fast that had I blinked I would have missed the action..lol..You might say he ate them fast as lightnin'....Mungi (pronounced Mungee) is an Aboriginal word for Lightning chosen because of that first cricket gobbling experience and a nod to his Australian roots:)

HDreptiles

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
My bearded dragon is Trebuchet. Pronounced treb-you-shay. It is a French siege engine from medieval times. Thought a DRAGON should have a name like that. And, he is a beast.;)

Sent from my phone via my job's wifi, most likely.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Dracul: Romanian name meaning "devil" or "dragon."
Falkor: The Luck Dragon from The NeverEnding Story
Saphira: Eragon Books & Movie
Vasuki: Indian Naga serpent-dragon, one of the eight dragon kings. His body was used to churn the oceans.

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The previous owners named her Alice out of 'Alice in Wonderland'. When I got her I renamed her from Alice to Ali, now Allie. (Alison) Alison means noble, exalted according to the baby name book online.

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
When we first got ours, we thought it was a male. So my grandson named him Christopher, after me.
Then we found out it was a female, and I don't know where he got the name, but my grandson said "Lets name her 'Patricia'".
I like 'Patricia'.

Shhh... when I was young I had a girlfriend named Patricia, they don't know, don't say anything... :)

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
:p Your secret's safe with me, Chris. Shh. No one say a thing now. :)

cole_schank

Bearded Dragon Egg
we named our little ones studly (because he is a true stud and proud of it) we hope he turns out to be a boy! we named the other one sheila since she is an Aussie lizard! we are hoping she turns out to be a girl!

Latest posts