• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

What cute things does your dragon do?

Honchess

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Dragons are so smart. I'm sure you know that. Each one has a personality and his own little quirks. Here's a place to tell us about them!
Please take a minute to let us know what your little guys do.

Honchess

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My guy watches TV. He especially likes Soccer, but he'll watch almost anything... His tank is about four feet from the TV and at first I thought it was just a coincidence, but no. He will move so he has a better view when I turn the TV on.
If the program is boring, he'll give me a hairy eyeball like: "Are you really gonna watch this?"

Noella

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
When Allie was still alive, she had her schedules and her habits were so easy to pick up. She'd eat at the same time every day and afternoon. She'd wake up, stare at me and then wait for me to wake up. She'd look like a ray of sunshine on a rainy day. Her beard was always orange, she was always smiling, and giving me a look of love. She was always looking at me whenever I'd talk to her, and even walked over to me when I called her name. She was so intelligent and smart.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Everything they do is cute! One thing I can think of off hand is Dexter will sit and listen to me talk to her and she'll cock her head like she really is understanding me and she will have that giant beardie smile the whole time!

It's also cute when Luci runs full speed at Sasha the cat and jumps towards her, Sasha gets so scared she runs away!

misskatie

Juvenile Dragon
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1404966718.946602.jpg

After zuri ate a little of her salad she will lay right on top of it like she is making sure no one else can get to it

Honchess

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
These are such cute things! I'm glad I'm not the only one who knows that dragons have personality. I've always had snakes.. They are pretty but really boring. I expected The General to be like them. Boy did I get a surprise!!

Honchess

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
View attachment 9148

Zuri will get her tail in her food dish and drag it along with her wherever she may be going
Is that white 'cord' or 'tube' a watering system? I worry constantly that I'm not giving The General drops of water when he needs it! Explain the system to me if that's what it is, and where can I get one?

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Is that white 'cord' or 'tube' a watering system? I worry constantly that I'm not giving The General drops of water when he needs it! Explain the system to me if that's what it is, and where can I get one?

The white cord is a digital thermometer. The thing on the end is a probe that measures your heat. The digital display is kept outside your tank and the cord and probe go on the inside. I have two in each of my tanks. One to measure the cool side and the other is attached to the basking spots.

Marmoset

Hatchling Dragon
Well I really enjoy both lizards and snakes but Moonpani is really my first lizard so I find him pretty mystifying. We spend about an hour in the early afternoon sunning ourselves in front of an open screened-in window where we watch the people with their miniature cutesy dogs four stories below. When they walk under our window Moonpani will get up on his tippy toes and crane out his neck to see further past our window pane but then he will see me out of the corner of his eye and freak out getting into his warrior beardie posture and start darkening up. Two minutes later he hops up on me without a stress mark to be seen. The whole time I've stayed perfectly still so why does he have such sudden reactions- I doubt I'll ever figure it out.

Marmoset

Hatchling Dragon
I had the same thought. We do have birds and since we are high up they fly at our level. We also have a nearby airport and the planes spook him but when they freak him out he angles his body towards the window. Other times he certainly seems to be reacting to seeing me and gets in a fighting posture towards me. I sit next to and behind him so he doesn't make a run for it. Usually I have my elbow on the window sill and we both sit for a long time. It is like he gets lost in "thought" looking out the window and forgets that I'm there but then sees me and reacts totally surprised for a few moments before he gets curious about me again. I don't blame him since he's just becomming a "teenager" and has only known me for a short time.

tree_toflee

Bearded Dragon Egg
My dragon will stare at me till I make eye contact and then shell mimic me if I tilt my head shell tilt her head the same way its so funny she also likes to hang out in her little bush I have in her cage and when crickets drop in shell jump off from one end of the cage to the other just to get the crickets ( she usually misses lol)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Dexter does the whole head tilt think when we are outside and there are birds near. Sheven gives me the wide eye look as ifar she's saying "why are we still outside???? They are going to EAT me!" Luci doesn't like ceiling fans and he puffs his beard up when he sees them on!

Latest posts