• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

We might be adding a new addition

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
Saw this guy in the classifieds today and have been talking back and forth with the seller.... I think I may have to go get him [emoji13]

8bd45f3792050fdb101a51c883ff8dac.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
Well I just picked him up. He is very skinny though guys. A lot smaller than he looks in the picture they posted with the ad. I almost didn't buy him but he stole my heart and I want to help him.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well I just picked him up. He is very skinny though guys. A lot smaller than he looks in the picture they posted with the ad. I almost didn't buy him but he stole my heart and I want to help him.

Good for you for getting him! why were they getting rid of him?? He's got amazing colors!!! Go slow if he's really skinny so not to make him feel sick.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Skinny doesn't necessarily mean unhealthy. The last time I took my gal to the vet, she had just finished her third clutch of slugs and I thought she looked horrible, she was so thin. According to the vet, most beardies in the wild are slim and quite healthy. In captivity, they are fed more, and are less active, giving them the nice plump look we're used to. With some regular feeding, he should start to gain weight, and if you're worried that something may be going on, you can get him tested for parasites to be sure that there isn't an underlying issue.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
We are going to have him tested for parasites just in case, but honestly he seems very healthy. He's very alert and so far is a great eater, for being used to eating pellets he had no problem chomping away at the salad I made him and he ate about 6 dubias and 2 hornworms. I'm sure he would keep eating if I gave him more! But like you said I should probably take it slow at first. I'm not used to such a great eater though, my girl is so picky.

When I went to pick him up, it turned out to be a not so great area and the person who sold him to me was actually a kid, probably about 15, and he had his little sister with him. He had other reptiles as well, and he knew a lot about his pets, but him and his sister didn't look like they were in too good of a situation, and I think they just really needed the money. I didn't see any adults and it didn't seem that they were under any adult supervision. The little girl looked to be 8/9. I paid extra for the dragon (whom we've named Apollo) and bought lights and a tank from them even though I knew I wouldn't use them because they were old and dirty. I really just felt bad. They seemed like good kids.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Awww damn little kids force to have to be adults is never a good feeling. But they did the right thing by finding another owner who would give the love and care. I would love to have two beardie but my house is already a petting zoo and with a new baby on the way any moment wouldn't be good lol but its great that you took him in and gave the kids extra cash as it seem that the 15 yr old is trying to be a man and take care of his lil sister.

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
That's what I thought too. He was a very well-mannered kid! He told me he was a proven breeder and he's het trans and het hypo. [emoji79] he was going to give me a steal. Must have really needed the money.

And congrats on the new baby! Do you know what you're having? Ive got a toddler, little boy Rylan Joseph.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
That's what I thought too. He was a very well-mannered kid! He told me he was a proven breeder and he's het trans and het hypo. [emoji79] he was going to give me a steal. Must have really needed the money.

And congrats on the new baby! Do you know what you're having? Ive got a toddler, little boy Rylan Joseph.

Yea that's good im sure he was heart broken to have to give up his boy but I'm sure he happy it went to you. And it's good to see a well manner young boy in a tough hood. Shoot I know all about it born and raise in the hood of Inglewood lucky I kept my head out the streets. But it sucks when u can't be a kid and have to find way to survive. But ya I'm having a baby boy. Could happen any time as the wifey due on the 25th but might be early. So funny cuz just the other day I thought my beardie Pierre was a boy. But when I did the flash light test he was a she. I'm like no u was suppose to be my boy to help even the odds lol. It's funny cuz we had him I mean her since she was 6 months but the lady at petsmart thought he was a boy but couldn't guarantee as she was young. So I never bother to check until I was on here asking about brummation and the digging which someone said that might be a girl lol. So now we just call her P or Ms p lol

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Glad you got this guy, you'll get him fat and happy in no time. I'm sure you know to be very careful with handling him and your other beardie. Wash your hands between handling them and don't use the same feeding tools or don't put uneaten bugs or food back in with the main food, to prevent the spread of any diseases.

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
Glad you got this guy, you'll get him fat and happy in no time. I'm sure you know to be very careful with handling him and your other beardie. Wash your hands between handling them and don't use the same feeding tools or don't put uneaten bugs or food back in with the main food, to prevent the spread of any diseases.
We are carefully quarantining, we wash our hands after handling them or any of their stuff and as a precaution we have hand sanitizer sitting in front of each of their tanks that we use before holding them as well. Luckily Apollo doesn't leave any bugs leftover to deal with so that's not an issue [emoji28] He's a savage.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
We are carefully quarantining, we wash our hands after handling them or any of their stuff and as a precaution we have hand sanitizer sitting in front of each of their tanks that we use before holding them as well. Luckily Apollo doesn't leave any bugs leftover to deal with so that's not an issue [emoji28] He's a savage.

Man im getting jelly over here, I wanna get another Beardie, maybe find one that eats their veggies and can teach my girl that greens are good for ya, but the wifey told me this morning that Ms. P took her blended veggies via syringe with no problem, so she getting used to being force fed, and Ms. P is so bad and stubborn, so after her bath i threw in a few crickets in there and she didnt bother with it, but i wanted to show the wifey that Ms. P is a smart ass, so the superworms i had left i been feeding them veggies so they can gut load, so i took one super out and threw in her bowl and as soon as she saw it she went running to get it. Wifey like that bad lil girl such a picky eater,

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
Oh man guys [emoji28] him and Zola's tank are all the way across the living room from each other but they have somehow noticed each other. He's head bobbing and she's waving at him already! Lol they haven't even met yet sheesh

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
Oh man guys [emoji28] him and Zola's tank are all the way across the living room from each other but they have somehow noticed each other. He's head bobbing and she's waving at him already! Lol they haven't even met yet sheesh

awwww lil homie throwing some swag game at her, thats right man keep it pimpin go and get it, U gonna have to watch them, i see future babies in ur future

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
I'm sure he'd make some pretty babies. I'm gotta fatten him up.

BPz27

Juvenile Dragon
oh yeaha with that bright yellow color yep he sure will make some cute babies, I loved the bright colors on the bearded dragon, though mines is just the natural brown with lil pieces of orange on her beard, though when she taking a bath or sleeping her colors get lighter.

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
He's a citrus tiger double het, my girls a normal scale brown, she's het for hypo though so I may breed them. We'll see, if I don't find a more suitable female before next spring then she may be his lady.

Fernfronds

Hatchling Dragon
Just imagine breeding him to a high citrus female [emoji30][emoji7] wowee

Latest posts