• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wally going on his first walk outside!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Was that poop her one and only poop for the day or was it #2? Cuz I've noticed when Wally poops more than once the 2nd poop doesn't have urates with it. Could that be what happened?

It was her only poo. And it was actually a very small poo compared to usual. Do you think this could just mean she needs more water?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
It was her only poo. And it was actually a very small poo compared to usual. Do you think this could just mean she needs more water?

Not sure on that cuz I don't know how much she drank today. But that would be my first guess and if you just gave her, her 2nd dose of Panacur 2 days ago she could need extra water.

We forget these things cuz you don't give her the medicine every day.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I think you are right. We gave her the same amount of water as always. With her medication she may have just needed more. We will keep an eye on it and if we continue to have that issue we will call the vet

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I think you are right. We gave her the same amount of water as always. With her medication she may have just needed more. We will keep an eye on it and if we continue to have that issue we will call the vet

All good ideas! See you two got this! I would just give her a little more water when you give her the last dose.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Aww, thank you Eavlynn, he is my sweetheart. I love spending time with him.

How is Ruth and Mushu today?
Ruth is doing good. Finally getting back on track after her second clutch of slugs. And Mushu is growing like a weed! I'm hoping to sex him this evening with the flashlight method. I'm so nervous to see if my little "dude" is really a dude [emoji16]

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran

The medications have a tendency to cause dehydration. Keep giving her water and soaks for forced hydration. Live worms in her poo might just mean that she had a larger parasite load and needs more time to kill them and get them out of her system. Definitely check in with the vets office for their input. She'll be back to normal soon, keep up the good work! You guys are doing great :)

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ruth is doing good. Finally getting back on track after her second clutch of slugs. And Mushu is growing like a weed! I'm hoping to sex him this evening with the flashlight method. I'm so nervous to see if my little "dude" is really a dude [emoji16]

Good luck! Let us know if Mushu is a boy or a girl!

Can I ask you if you put a box in her enclosure or if you put her in a separate enclosure to lay the clutch?

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
The medications have a tendency to cause dehydration. Keep giving her water and soaks for forced hydration. Live worms in her poo might just mean that she had a larger parasite load and needs more time to kill them and get them out of her system. Definitely check in with the vets office for their input. She'll be back to normal soon, keep up the good work! You guys are doing great :)

we gave extra mists last night and today plus baths. She was licking up water drops like crazy. I hate the thought of her going thirsty that makes me feel horrible. I called the vet and he said it usually takes at least two doses so that makes me feel a little better. Hopefully we will not see anymore live worms. Thank you Eavlynn, I appreciate your response. we will continue keeping her extra hydrated while she's on this medication.

Eavlynn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Good luck! Let us know if Mushu is a boy or a girl!

Can I ask you if you put a box in her enclosure or if you put her in a separate enclosure to lay the clutch?
The first time, I put a handicap accessible lay box in with her, which she refused to use. She seems to enjoy laying her eggs all throughout her enclosure. Since I knew they weren't fertile, and wasn't attempting to breed, I didn't worry about the eggs/slugs dessicating. It would have been nice if she had deposited them all in one place though! [emoji23]

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
we gave extra mists last night and today plus baths. She was licking up water drops like crazy. I hate the thought of her going thirsty that makes me feel horrible. I called the vet and he said it usually takes at least two doses so that makes me feel a little better. Hopefully we will not see anymore live worms. Thank you Eavlynn, I appreciate your response. we will continue keeping her extra hydrated while she's on this medication.

Don't feel bad, you didn't know! How were you supposed to know? The vet should have told you! But now you know for the next dose.

I know how you feel tho. Cuz every time I do something wrong I feel BAD for Wally. But don't beat yourself up. You and Maddie are great parents to Spyra.

I'm so glad you called the vet! That's all good news, not that she needs 2 rounds but that everything is normal.

Calling the vet and asking questions shows me you are a great and wonderful mommy!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Don't feel bad, you didn't know! How were you supposed to know? The vet should have told you! But now you know for the next dose.

I know how you feel tho. Cuz every time I do something wrong I feel BAD for Wally. But don't beat yourself up. You and Maddie are great parents to Spyra.

I'm so glad you called the vet! That's all good news, not that she needs 2 rounds but that everything is normal.

Calling the vet and asking questions shows me you are a great and wonderful mommy!

Thank you we are really trying. When it comes to one of my babies I will blow a vet up if I need answers lol. I figure it's their job so it shouldn't hurt a thing. She's got one treatment left on the 13th and than we have her tested *fingers crossed*