• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Wally going on his first walk outside!

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
f17e16c482bb241bfd76c9d6fc898497.jpg
2bf2e14dba866d180fcc3822322ffb52.jpg
ff5de0ffb8f94198439512d826e1c79d.jpg
eb63f003340f94b52862ea47fdc7b6ec.jpg
48106d151a6616fc3a331811b3163195.jpg

Normally we go out on the porch and he basks in his outdoor enclosure on the porch. Today was the first time he went for a walk. More like a stand in the grass and not move! Lol

Anthony Radford

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yep, we went out for a stand, and basked in the glory that is Wally! Lol.

Seriously though, he seemed to enjoy it, but was a little too insecure in the new surroundings to walk around... He did go with us to the store (gas station) next door though!

Anthony Radford

Bearded Dragon Veteran
30aaf69e28a5d3c58e53017850365328.jpg

64b12ffa6ecbaee4d1053e96dd82ecfb.jpg

6d2657e03d40edc4f2201ce97cb56092.jpg

I was _just_ starting to loosen his leash to take it off, and he decides to climb up on my shoulder for a little father-son talk...

I just LOVE how he's always looking us in our face. Anytime we are holding him, his eyes are glued to ours. Can look creepy at times, but you can just see the love in his eyes!

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm so glad to hear he enjoyed it :) Spyra just sits there for awhile too [emoji23] but she eventually comes around a little.
It seems the older Wally gets the more red he looks. He is absolutely beautiful!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I'm so glad to hear he enjoyed it :) Spyra just sits there for awhile too [emoji23] but she eventually comes around a little.
It seems the older Wally gets the more red he looks. He is absolutely beautiful!

I know right! It almost looks like his head is on fire! Lol - I'm guessing he's got citrus in him! Have you noticed his green spine? But in the sun he turns all black. I don't think he knows what color he is. Lol

So then it's normal for them to just sit? I was wondering if that was normal.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh I definitely see the citrus in him for sure. He's definitely got that and red in him. It's really unique you don't see the two mixed together often, I love it.

I assume it's normal since both him and her seem to do it lol. If not than they must just be different [emoji23]

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Oh I definitely see the citrus in him for sure. He's definitely got that and red in him. It's really unique you don't see the two mixed together often, I love it.

I assume it's normal since both him and her seem to do it lol. If not than they must just be different [emoji23]

He is what you call a mutt - dragon mix with anything and everything! Lmao - poor guy - but I LOVE him and wouldn't trade him for a billion dollars. He is my baby.

So today I tried feeding him some mini superworms for lunch - we got like 1000 of these. I put about 50 of them on his dish, they are smaller than the BSFL's thinner but maybe a bit longer. Anyways he looked at them, looked at me, looked at his salad and then walked over to his salad and ate it! I got him to eat a big super and then 2 small ones. So I put the dish back in front of him again with all these babies crawling in it and it looked like it scared him. He turned and took off running up his ladder! So I gave in and got the dubia's - he ate 11 of them.

I'm just surprised that the moving baby superworms scared him or do you think he was just showing his a$$ to me? Cuz I didn't have his dubia's?

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha, it defiantly sounds like he was saying "come on mom, give me the big boy stuff" Spyra will do that to her BSFL in order to get more roaches. Now that we've tried super worms she's even more stubborn lol, she is crazy over them. The other day one bit her right under her eye :( she slung just the head across the cage. The creepy part is that the head was still walking around! Eww

Wally is a beautiful mutt, I bet if whoever bred him come see what he looks like now they would be shocked! I love the red beardies :)

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Haha, it defiantly sounds like he was saying "come on mom, give me the big boy stuff" Spyra will do that to her BSFL in order to get more roaches. Now that we've tried super worms she's even more stubborn lol, she is crazy over them. The other day one bit her right under her eye :( she slung just the head across the cage. The creepy part is that the head was still walking around! Eww

Wally is a beautiful mutt, I bet if whoever bred him come see what he looks like now they would be shocked! I love the red beardies :)

Omg I can't imagine what I would do if that happened to Wally! I don't know if I would give him any more supers. Now I'm freaked out over them!! Sick to my stomach over that.

Is Spyra okay???? Omg I feel so bad cuz I told you to get those for her!

Yea, I have to really cut him back on the supers or else he won't eat anything else! Those are like a drug to them.

I had no idea he had red in him, I could see a bit of orange but the red head just come out since his last shed. I bet those breeders would be shocked!

Tony just posted the salad pics. Today was the first day he ate his entire salad! I'm so happy with him and his salad eating.

Are you giving Spyra a mix of the greens? We usually do 2 or 3 in a bowl with the bee pollen and the dressing.

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You go Wally!!! So proud to see you downing those greens like a champ!
It is totally not your fault, we are very thankful you guys recommended them. I honestly didn't think it was anything to worry about until it happened. She bit the tail end and it was able to swing around and get her. It did clamp on but I'm assuming they must not bite too hard bc she had no marks at all on her. She kept her eye closed for about a minute but other than that she seemed fine. We went down to a smaller size and now make sure to feed the super head first just to be safe.

We use to include multiple greens but now we alternate between mustard and collard greens and occasionally dandelions. All we can really get around here are the mustards and collard and we seem to use them more for feeders than for her since she doesn't eat a lot of them. We do include a large variety of veggies but she still doesn't touch them :/ in hoping the bee pollen and dressing will motivate her a little. We are also debating on trying grub pie, have you guys heard of it?

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You go Wally!!! So proud to see you downing those greens like a champ!
It is totally not your fault, we are very thankful you guys recommended them. I honestly didn't think it was anything to worry about until it happened. She bit the tail end and it was able to swing around and get her. It did clamp on but I'm assuming they must not bite too hard bc she had no marks at all on her. She kept her eye closed for about a minute but other than that she seemed fine. We went down to a smaller size and now make sure to feed the super head first just to be safe.

We use to include multiple greens but now we alternate between mustard and collard greens and occasionally dandelions. All we can really get around here are the mustards and collard and we seem to use them more for feeders than for her since she doesn't eat a lot of them. We do include a large variety of veggies but she still doesn't touch them :/ in hoping the bee pollen and dressing will motivate her a little. We are also debating on trying grub pie, have you guys heard of it?

I've heard of it but if it doesn't move Wally won't eat it. I've heard you have to make it and cook it. My day revolves around these guys as it is. I can't imagine adding more work for them on to my day! Lol

We alternate between all the greens. We have mustard, turnip and dandelion now and he gets 2-3 at a time. We do not do fruit yet. Just the greens with bee pollen and dressing and you saw the bowl tonight! It makes me smile inside that he's eating it on his own!

I think with Spyra since she's eating her protein and getting her greens with the feeders and you are offering her salad I personally don't think she needs the grub pie. Have you weighed her recently? We do weigh ins and measurements on Saturday after poop! Lol

The other thing you have to remember is she is on Panacur!!!!! She has upset tummy with that and it took Wally weeks to even eat bugs. He had to have the slurries. It was awful. So if she's not eating her greens right now I wouldn't be too upset. Give her a few more weeks. When is her last dose?

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I've heard of it but if it doesn't move Wally won't eat it. I've heard you have to make it and cook it. My day revolves around these guys as it is. I can't imagine adding more work for them on to my day! Lol

We alternate between all the greens. We have mustard, turnip and dandelion now and he gets 2-3 at a time. We do not do fruit yet. Just the greens with bee pollen and dressing and you saw the bowl tonight! It makes me smile inside that he's eating it on his own!

I think with Spyra since she's eating her protein and getting her greens with the feeders and you are offering her salad I personally don't think she needs the grub pie. Have you weighed her recently? We do weigh ins and measurements on Saturday after poop! Lol

The other thing you have to remember is she is on Panacur!!!!! She has upset tummy with that and it took Wally weeks to even eat bugs. He had to have the slurries. It was awful. So if she's not eating her greens right now I wouldn't be too upset. Give her a few more weeks. When is her last dose?

Yeah that is why we haven't tried the grub pie, we are both already so busy sometimes we don't have time to cook our own food lol.
I just gave her the second dose the 30th and so far she's handling it well. She gets her last dose on the 13th and the vet wants to do a fecal ASAP in case he needs to extend her treatment. We still have not invested in a scale but plan to order one next week (pay day). She is now about 14 1/2 inches so she's definitely grown since her vet visit. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is that he did weigh her after she had pooped twice and had not eaten that day. I'm hoping he gave her a big enough dose. He said seeing dead worms in her feces would be normal, however we seen a few live ones right before her second dose. I just hope it works.

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yeah that is why we haven't tried the grub pie, we are both already so busy sometimes we don't have time to cook our own food lol.
I just gave her the second dose the 30th and so far she's handling it well. She gets her last dose on the 13th and the vet wants to do a fecal ASAP in case he needs to extend her treatment. We still have not invested in a scale but plan to order one next week (pay day). She is now about 14 1/2 inches so she's definitely grown since her vet visit. The only thing I'm a little concerned about is that he did weigh her after she had pooped twice and had not eaten that day. I'm hoping he gave her a big enough dose. He said seeing dead worms in her feces would be normal, however we seen a few live ones right before her second dose. I just hope it works.

I know what you mean! We live on Ramon noodles at times! Lol
My animals eat better than us!

I can completely understand what you are saying. I had to give Wally a dose every week for 4 weeks! It was too much in my eyes cuz it made him sicker but we are worm free. I never saw a live one after week 1. So if I were you I would call the vet and see if you can talk with the vet assistant or leave a message. I do not know how long it takes to get rid of the worms but I was told the same as you about the 2nd fecal and possibly 2nd round of Panacur.

If I remember correctly what she weighed was almost spot on what Wally weighed at that time. Or it was close to the same.

I would ask them if seeing live ones is normal this late into the dosing And or should you come back in for an updated weight?

RaeAnn

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That makes me feel better because you do have a scale and if Wally weighed close to the same than she should be good. I'm going to keep an eye on her poo since the second dose and if we see another live one I'll go ahead and call. I did want to mention that her poop had no urate in it today :( she's been drinking water everyday and getting baths every other day so I'm a little unsure what that could mean? Could it be because she just took her medication or would that have nothing to do with it?

mxw0rld

Bearded Dragon Veteran
That makes me feel better because you do have a scale and if Wally weighed close to the same than she should be good. I'm going to keep an eye on her poo since the second dose and if we see another live one I'll go ahead and call. I did want to mention that her poop had no urate in it today :( she's been drinking water everyday and getting baths every other day so I'm a little unsure what that could mean? Could it be because she just took her medication or would that have nothing to do with it?

Was that poop her one and only poop for the day or was it #2? Cuz I've noticed when Wally poops more than once the 2nd poop doesn't have urates with it. Could that be what happened?

Latest posts