• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Veggies?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank you for your reply; I only put the tomatoes in 1 time a month; very very rarely does he get them.

@PatsyB Thank you for letting me know! That's exactly what I wanted to use it for; the dubias figured a way out of the tub I was using before....sneaky bugs...
they are sneaky bugs for sure I've watched them and they crawl ontop of eachother to get the ledge :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
they are sneaky bugs for sure I've watched them and they crawl ontop of eachother to get the ledge :)

I've seen that, or they will use the veggies as a stepping stool. Whenever I add worms to the salad I make sure the salad stays away from the edges LOL!

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've seen that, or they will use the veggies as a stepping stool. Whenever I add worms to the salad I make sure the salad stays away from the edges LOL!
Yep they do that too lol

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
So I found out the little stinker has been eating his veggies like a fiend....

I put quite a bit in there diced up for easy consumption since I goto work at 630am. And due to the amount in there it's hard to see if he's eaten it.

I found out when he pooped yesterday and today. Very hydrated vegetable poops.....

So I am very happy there...

Never thought I'd be happy about dragon poops...

Thank you hdrydr31 and Patsy for your inputs!

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ohhh I've waited three days to show you all this, I've been so excited haha. Is that a bit sad or what? I bought these off Amazon and they've become my best friend. Theyre called Herb Scissors.
IMG_20160418_142744.jpg
IMG_20160418_142749.jpg
IMG_20160418_142755.jpg
IMG_20160418_142820.jpg

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Ohhh I've waited three days to show you all this, I've been so excited haha. Is that a bit sad or what? I bought these off Amazon and they've become my best friend. Theyre called Herb Scissors.View attachment 14427 View attachment 14428 View attachment 14429 View attachment 14430

Agreed with PatsyB they are very awesome. I think I'm going to invest in a pair. I've been chopping his veggies up but it kind turns it all into a puree. He likes it because it's easy to eat. But those seems much cleaner, and probably easier to prep the leafy greens.

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
They're amazing but they're extremely sharp so you're aware. About $10. I saw them on the Wish App but I never buy off of there because I'm not sure if its a secure app or anything. Looked them up on Amazon and ordered them right away, lol!

reneeiv

Hatchling Dragon
I made a nice big assortment salad for ody today and he just won't touch it...collard greens, bok choy, cucumber, carrot, strawberry, tomato. He won't touch his veggies....it's disheartening to see him just not eat veggies....he never touches his veggies. ...
Sounds a child. So what does he eat

reneeiv

Hatchling Dragon
He's cuddling so much. He would rather be out cuddling with Tim or I than be in his tank. He fights you when you put him back in so he can warm up, lol.
I bought Kale today to try that and oh my, Bayne went crazy over it. Tried some watermelon too but so far he hasn't shown any interest in it.
Oh, now I have to get 1. I had birds but I found I am allergic to them. Cats I do not want for they leave their hair everywhere. These don't leave hair behind them. Also their excrement's are mostly like parakeets

Paarthurnax

Hatchling Dragon
Cool scissors. I just rip the leaves into .50 cent size pieces each morning. Pack a container with greens and 5 extra large Dubia nymphs and off to school he goes.

Some stray cat ate all my alfalfa out of the planter. ARGH !!!!!! Jim likes the alfalfa plant leaves. Now I have Maple tree new leaves and he really likes them as well as usually one day Lilly petal.

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Cool scissors. I just rip the leaves into .50 cent size pieces each morning. Pack a container with greens and 5 extra large Dubia nymphs and off to school he goes.

Some stray cat ate all my alfalfa out of the planter. ARGH !!!!!! Jim likes the alfalfa plant leaves. Now I have Maple tree new leaves and he really likes them as well as usually one day Lilly petal.
I use a dicer for my veggies; turns them into shredded easy to gobble pieces. He is tiny and doesn't like ripping into leaf slices...When he gets bigger I will start using those scissors.

I cut all my greens up and sort into bags; and every morning i grab some out of each bag and put into the dicer cup; bok choy, collards, etc...Ill throw a variable in; try to keep it different each day; strawberries, raspberries, carrots, apples, etc....try to keep fruits down to treats though...

Then ill just chop it all up and put into his dish; he's back to gobbling dubias now though; so ferocious....never seen him eat so many...

Elders

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Newest cuddles

My room lights are out while I was testing the new bulb for about an hour; I took Ody out and let him sleep on me; I saw the lights were bothering him so I put a little towel over his head and he fell asleep;

I like sleepy Ody haha; sooooo different from day time Odin....day time odin runs like an athlete....night time ody is sleepy and suuper calm.

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Just love these critters!! that is adorable! My Izzy is out cold on my lap in her bag :)

Bobbi

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Tim and I had to get up at 3:45am yesterday morning to go to one of my liver doctor appointments that was almost 3 hours away. When we got home we went morel hunting and walked about five-six miles up and down hills, so when we got home I was exhausted. Tim let Bayne run around on the bed and I guess I fell asleep and he snuggled up against me. I love how much he WANTS to cuddle and be by me. With other animals, it's only on their time or when they feel like it. Bayne always wants to be with me. I love how loving they are.

Kmbrly.

Bearded Dragon Egg
I'm a new beardie parent and I've been looking up what I should be feeding my little darling Dumbledore. Her previous parent fed her bananas, grapes, and and lettuce. I've been trying to feed her different fruits and veggies but she doesn't seem too interested. In general she hasn't been eating much. Should I be worried? Also, are fava beans ok for her to eat?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I'm a new beardie parent and I've been looking up what I should be feeding my little darling Dumbledore. Her previous parent fed her bananas, grapes, and and lettuce. I've been trying to feed her different fruits and veggies but she doesn't seem too interested. In general she hasn't been eating much. Should I be worried? Also, are fava beans ok for her to eat?

How old is she? some just don't like much greens veggies and fruit..She may not like what she was being fed as fruits are not something you should give often because of the sugar. lettuce has no value just water.. I am not sure on Fava beans but here are 2 links that most of us go by on food items and should give you some good options.. I looked and fava beans were not on the list however hopefully someone will chime in on them.
http://greathousefarm.com/Greathouse-Reptile-Nutrition-List.pdf
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html

Kmbrly.

Bearded Dragon Egg
She's 8 years old. I figured bananas were supposed to be only a treat. They also fed her superworms daily but I read that those are supposed to be a treat as well. I've had her for a week so far and she has only eaten one worm and one piece of banana or grape a day. Thanks for the lists! I got some yellow squash for her, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to be cooked. Bear with me pleas I'm extremely new with reptile parenting lol thanks much

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She's 8 years old. I figured bananas were supposed to be only a treat. They also fed her superworms daily but I read that those are supposed to be a treat as well. I've had her for a week so far and she has only eaten one worm and one piece of banana or grape a day. Thanks for the lists! I got some yellow squash for her, but I'm not sure how it's supposed to be cooked. Bear with me pleas I'm extremely new with reptile parenting lol thanks much

No worries :) She may be going thru a period of getting settled with you.. the squash can be raw.. the nice thing about the list is it tells ya how to prep each item. your doing great!

Latest posts