• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

uvb light - help please!

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Nothing showing on the website. I'll have to make a trip to the pet store, it's been a while since I purchased the bulb. I don't have the box anymore.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Didn't find anything on Zoo Med's website, but I did find my box (sad... I still had it around my room buried under some other dragon paraphernalia). In the instructions was a short blurb on the distance of the lighting, but nothing on the box. I think I'll be ok in my 40.

IMG_1844.jpg

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you read it, that 12" refers to the 100W Bulb, which coincides with my previous posts on the subject. 40 Gal is not a large Viv. Just a heads up ... Thanks for posting that :).

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
If you read it, that 12" refers to the 100W Bulb, which coincides with my previous posts on the subject. 40 Gal is not a large Viv. Just a heads up ... Thanks for posting that :).
It leaves a lot to interpretation... *grumbles and gripes some more*. Thanks for pointing that out, Germ. I know a 40 isn't a large viv, just thought it was giving the instructions for the 160... since that's the light the instructions were in.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
That is their generic instruction sheet placed in both style's boxes.
You would think my vet would have mentioned I was doing something wrong when I told her what light and what size viv I had... OK Open mouth, insert foot. I need to smash the light and get another.

Sunkiss

Juvenile Dragon
Aleena, why do you think you should smash the light? Doesn't just raising the light to a safe distance fix it? Or am I missing something?

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Raising it will fix the distance situation but will cool the basking spot.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Aleena, why do you think you should smash the light? Doesn't just raising the light to a safe distance fix it? Or am I missing something?
Because that's what I do when something doesn't work right and I can't take it back lol :D. It keeps my room generally too hot anyway. I'm just kidding btw, it has mercury in it, I wouldn't smash it! It has been raising the ambient temp in my bedroom by so much that the only reason I was putting up with it was because it was such a great light... *cough* yeah, great.

Latest posts