• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Urgently need help with VIV Temps

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how do u keep it at 100+ with a 60 watt bulb, i'm using a 150 to maintain a 100+ basking temp.

Don't know, I have a reptile basking lamp at the moment, kind of like a spotlight which directs the light downward, maybe that's it....

When it goes though I'm gonna try a normal 60W household bulb and will see what happens. The 40W normal bulb wasn't much good, temps were too low.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How many gallons is your tank ?
How far from the basking site is the lamp?
What are you measuring with?
How does your BD react to current situation?

grimm

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
well it says 50 gallon breeder BUT they get u on the height, the length and width make it a 40 gallon, distance is maybe 7-8 inches, and yes im using an analog therm, but im ordering a digital, and he seems to like it, stays over there most of the time, although ive never seen him open his mouth and hold it open when they are supposed to be relieving some heat so idk there, ill know the exact temp once i get my new therm.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
To quote Renee and Janie from earlier in this thread . . . .

Keep in mind that each dragon is different and has different preferences in temps. So, give or take a couple of degrees is fine.

Let me ask you this... how does Pogie respond to these temps ?
I ask, because each dragon is different, and some prefer greater gradients of temps then others.
Janie

So I suggest get the digi thermometer and then we can re-evaluate when the correct temps are in. But If your dragon doesn't feel cold, pooping fine, eating fine, isn't lethargic . . . He should be fine

Pls update after you got the new thermometer

Latest posts