• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Urgent Help Needed

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Good news! I was going to mention that our BD acted this way and was dehydrated. The vet thought it looked that way from blood work but honestly if you think that could be a factor just feed her some hornworms (not frequently but maybe once or twice a week?) and/or see if she’ll drink from a bowl. The problem with dehydration is that it causes fatigue and loss of appetite so they don’t want to eat or drink, thereby causing a cycle that’s hard to break. We actually syringe fed liquids (Pedialyte mixed with water) twice a day for a couple of weeks - look up a how-to video if you want to go this route although it’s probably not a good idea without a diagnosis because I think they can be over hydrated. But the hornworms are easy and most go crazy for them because of their color for one. I’d do that and then try to push some greens or veggies - even if you need to try some new more colorful ones for a while to stimulate appetite. Just my 2 cents. Hopefully things are going well and you can just keep this info if needed in the future!
Thank you! I will for sure keep this in mind for if any other issues similar to this one occur.

Latest posts