• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Two 75 watt bulbs for 40 gallon tank

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ohhhh okay, that is very helpful, thank you. I will keep that in mind. Will my dragon be okay while I'm tweaking and adjusting his lights? I know his basking spot isn't perfect yet but he has plenty of UV in the meantime.
As long as your getting basking temps-- you don't want undigested food

Julee1971

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
One 100 watt basking light only got his basking spot up to 77, and he's a juvenile so he needs it higher so I switched to two 75 watt bulbs. If that seems to work is it okay to have two bulbs? If I need to can I have them at a higher wattage too? I just worry about too much.
What type of bulb are U using for heat? The best that gives off good heat; is zoomed (Clear) 100 watt for a 40 gallon tank. 150 is way too much maybe get a higher basking platform and use 100Watt Zoo med clear bulb. Tyoically u use 150 watts for a 120 gallon. R u using a digital themermonter placed on the basking side nect to his platform? Also get an infrared gun to shine on his basking area u shine it an inches away and it gives exact reading. Do u have your AC blaring in your home? Temp in the house affects the cage temp. Most importantly make sure u have the correct UVB the Reptisun 10.0 T5 it’s a long tubular bulb the length u order should cover 70 percent of the tank for yours it wud be 32 or 34 inches long and replace every 6Mnths religiously.

Tyguy

Hatchling Dragon
What type of bulb are U using for heat? The best that gives off good heat; is zoomed (Clear) 100 watt for a 40 gallon tank. 150 is way too much maybe get a higher basking platform and use 100Watt Zoo med clear bulb. Tyoically u use 150 watts for a 120 gallon. R u using a digital themermonter placed on the basking side nect to his platform? Also get an infrared gun to shine on his basking area u shine it an inches away and it gives exact reading. Do u have your AC blaring in your home? Temp in the house affects the cage temp. Most importantly make sure u have the correct UVB the Reptisun 10.0 T5 it’s a long tubular bulb the length u order should cover 70 percent of the tank for yours it wud be 32 or 34 inches long and replace every 6Mnths religiously.
I have a 24 inch t5 and it covers 3/4ths of the tank. I am now using a 75 watt house bulb as well as a 75 watt flukers. I'm trying to get a 100 watt flukers to see if that helps at all

Krystal0

Juvenile Dragon
One 100 watt basking light only got his basking spot up to 77, and he's a juvenile so he needs it higher so I switched to two 75 watt bulbs. If that seems to work is it okay to have two bulbs? If I need to can I have them at a higher wattage too? I just worry about too much.
Just do one.

Latest posts