• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Thoughts on my big boys setup

Tlro0666

Bearded Dragon Egg
Just remodeled my big fellas tank. Simpler and more efficient. He's not pleased with me :( haha. What do you guys think?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 101

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He's probably just adjusting to the change of scenery. Not that he's unhappy, maybe just surprised by his surroundings. Either way, he'll adjust. I think you did a fine job! Nice work!

Tlro0666

Bearded Dragon Egg
I was actually really skeptical about the combo bulb at first. But he seems to be doin great. I replace it every 5ish months. Here are some shots I took of him while remodeling. Note the unimpressed yet tolerant glare.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    783.8 KB · Views: 73

Beardielizzy

Hatchling Dragon
What a beautiful beardie ! What kind of substrate is that ? We have mostly tile but some sand in his sleeping hut he digs a lot and a little area in his cool side but I like that stuff u have what is it ??

Tlro0666

Bearded Dragon Egg
What a beautiful beardie ! What kind of substrate is that ? We have mostly tile but some sand in his sleeping hut he digs a lot and a little area in his cool side but I like that stuff u have what is it ??
Thanks! It's Eco earth. I just switched to it from astro turf. Decided to go for a more natural look and happen to have a bunch of this stuff. Supposedly friendly on the digestive system. I want to give him a big climbing log too, just havnt found one worthy of his girth yet haha. I redid his tank three days ago and he refused to eat anything until today. He finally ate five superworms and did his head bob after. :)

Beardielizzy

Hatchling Dragon
Awww so cute they are funny little reptiles ! I changed my lizzys cage a week ago I think he's on strike he's been in his man cave just looking out at me with a puss on his face lol I think he's pissed his other cave was getting too small he was all scrunched up so I got him a bigger one ! He also just got over being constipated and had a big ol poop so he could be recovering lol he came out today basked for a bit for a bath was hand fed of course damn so spoiled lol ! So is this the coconut stuff ?

Tlro0666

Bearded Dragon Egg
Yep its essentially ground up coconut husk. He seems to like it. Takes quite a bit to ever get him off his big rock though. Usually he only leaves for food or to hang out with me. Tough to tell if he actually enjoys anything or just tolerates it all. Must be nice to be the king. lol.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I use Eco-Earth for my frogs and yes, it's easily digestible. Just make sure there aren't any big husk pieces in it.

Tlro0666

Bearded Dragon Egg
Thanks :) A pic of him supervising the remodel on top of my heard. A couple others of him just basking in his new environment afterwards :)

Attachments

• photo 3.JPG
    photo 3.JPG
    101.1 KB · Views: 47
  • photo 1.JPG
    photo 1.JPG
    1.3 MB · Views: 47
  • photo 2.JPG
    photo 2.JPG
    1.6 MB · Views: 47

Tlro0666

Bearded Dragon Egg
He looks like a hypo just like my girl Dexter!
Not sure exactly what he is. Hes always pretty pale and light. Even more so right now since I think hes going into shed. He was sold to me as a regular beardie from a local pet store but his pattern is VERY faint.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
If all of his claws are clear he's a hypo. The way I understand it is they lack or have limited black pigmentation. You got lucky with your little guy, when we bought Dexter she was labeled "fancy" and we didn't know what that meant but we had fallen in love with her so we paid the extra price. It wasn't until I joined the forum that I learned she was a hypo.

Latest posts