• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The new addition.....=)

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Last night, I heard him chewing and I looked and saw he was eating his own Shedded skin. I stopped him and took it away. Is that what they do and is it safe for them to eat? I was like wow pretty wierd.

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well me kitty cat has found a liking to the dragon, he comes into me room and will sit for hours beyond hours watching him. And then when dragon moves he moves and follows him.

Does the Kitty scare the dragon? Is the dragon afraid of the kitty???

Also can they interact with one another as if I were to take the dragon out the tank and bring them face to face?? Would I have to worry about diseases?

20141229_151139_zpse0bd8173.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
They will sometimes eat their shed skin, perfectly okay for them.

Some tips for kitty. My cat Sasha used to watch the beardies all the time. She would try to get as close as possible and sit on top of the tank. She used to do that with the geckos too, even burned herself on the lamp but still sat up there. When I realized she was just curious and didn't want to get into the tank I gave her a perch next to the tank where she could lay and watch them. I also included her in the feeding processes. She would come with me to the basement to get crickets and then watch as I fed them off. When I got my new wire shelves, there was no room for her to sit next to the tank so for awhile I just had to put tape all over so she would know she can't jump on the tank. Now she's not really interested in them in the tank.

Out of the tank she likes to watch Luci, which is a big help when I let him loose and can't find him! She's actually afraid of him and the minute he comes towards her she jumps and runs away. My other cat will actually just give a sniff and then lay on the lizards. Dexter will even climb on her back and go to sleep. I watch them real closely though to make sure the cat isn't getting upset. When I first introduced Dexter to the cats, I would take her around to each cat and let them sniff her, I think that helped to get them used to her.

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks, I was like really your gunna eat your own skin hahhaha. Well Now I know guess he was hungry......

Lil guy still wont eat crickets, And hasnt eaten any wax worms either. Gunna go find some Pheonix worms and dubia roaches n see if he takes to that.

But he did eat some carrots and grapes yesturday. But I know he needs protien. Also can you dust the veggies???

Should I start misting him some? Or try to give him water by hand??

I see some people using baby food... Should I try that?? Just a lil worried that he isnt eating like some state they do ...

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You can mist him if you want. I wasn't a big fan of the whole misting thing but my humidity gets low so I tried it and Dexter really likes it. She also likes sitting under the shower head too when she gets a bath, she's a goof!

Yes you can dust the veggies too. You don't really need too though, they should be getting enough vitamins from the salad they are eating.

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Love the lil guy, play with him when I get home, He just loves to run around. Or sit on my chest.

He still is a lil scared tho when I try to get him out the tank. I try to be slow and let him smell me and all.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Love the lil guy, play with him when I get home, He just loves to run around. Or sit on my chest.

He still is a lil scared tho when I try to get him out the tank. I try to be slow and let him smell me and all.

Luci is still skittish when I take him out of the tank, even though he knows it's for something fun he still tries to back off of my hand to get away from me. Then once we are in the other room, he is perfectly fine snuggling at my neck. They are so goofy!

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Today i had him on my chest, he sat there for like 5 mins then decided to jump on my arm then on the arm of the chair then almost bolt under my bed. thank lord Im fast

Latest posts