• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The new addition.....=)

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Hey guys whats going on well I finally got him and all ready in the tank. He looks happy and I Held him for a few mins. Man I love this little guy.!!!!

20141223_222952_zps28d61624.jpg

20141223_223002_zps6d84a600.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Cute!

Move the smaller ledge down a bit or put it on a slope so he can get on it.

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Will Do, Im looking for some Mopani wood. Want something that sits flat and then goes up on an angle.

Then I gotta get a back round for the tank too plain with out it. =)

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Something you can also do with the Mopani wood is drill throgh a piece of tile and then into the wood and screw the wood into the tile to make a base to support the wood. I have anchored both pieces of driftwood in my enclosure.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1419427307.218836.jpg

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Here is the new addition to the tank. Got the Background for a steal and then they had that little hut onsale too so I said that be great for the lil guy

20141226_222023_zps1f2d2983.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Looks good, i like how you angled that ledge :) He standing on that half log like he's proud!

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks guys yeah, Im going to get more of those Rocks that are magnetic to the glass. I like them and want to add them to the back wall. He has been using his Basking area alot more now. Soo cool

Also Temps have been fluctuating up and down. I think its time to replace the UVB Bulb, and Im going to increase the basking to a 150w.

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Before you get a bunch more of the magnetic rocks make sure they can support a couple of pounds because he will be getting bigger. Also 150 seems like a lot for so close to the basking spot. What's the temp on that basking ledge? I do two 75s in my enclosure now to keep the cool side in the low to mid 80s. My two baking spots are around 110. If I had one150 watt I think it would be way too hot.

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Before you get a bunch more of the magnetic rocks make sure they can support a couple of pounds because he will be getting bigger. Also 150 seems like a lot for so close to the basking spot. What's the temp on that basking ledge? I do two 75s in my enclosure now to keep the cool side in the low to mid 80s. My two baking spots are around 110. If I had one150 watt I think it would be way too hot.

Well he had those magnetics for his adult dragon so I'msure they will hold mine for a while . They r a decent penny too so that's holding me from buying right now

as far as temps. The cool side is 80 to90f
on the basking rock it is 100f. Sometimes I turn on the red bulb to bring up the temps. Not sure why the temp is that low on the basking.

The ambient temp in my room is in the 80s now. And I don't open the window much. I'm thinking getting a 150w bulb may help. But not sure how hott it will increase the temps. I don'twant them to grt too high n all.

At night he sleeps on the bottom of the tank against the background wall . Sometimes under the paper towel. Hehehe. I'm just hoping it isn't too cold at night for him.

I do have a che bulb too that he gave me. Should I try using that to help with temps? Plus it is time to replace the uvb bulb. When should u think about replacing the basking bulbs? And the red bulb?

Well thanks n hope u had a good xmas

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
What's his basking spot? The rock in the middle or the ledge? Basking bulbs get replaced when they burn out. Red bulbs shouldn't be used. You want to create as close to their natural environment and there aren't any red lights in nature (unless he lives in Vegas, LOL).

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What Patsy said
What is your night temp? If it doesn't get colder than the mid 60s then you shouldn't need the night heat. My house gets really cold at night this time of year so I use a CHE on a dimmer to just give enough heat to keep things around 70.

Also if your cool side gets up to 90 that's getting high and the 150 will probably make it worse. Where are you measuring temps from?

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What's his basking spot? The rock in the middle or the ledge? Basking bulbs get replaced when they burn out. Red bulbs shouldn't be used. You want to create as close to their natural environment and there aren't any red lights in nature (unless he lives in Vegas, LOL).

He is usually posted up on the Bigger rock on the side. I have a Thermometer right there at it has dropped since I had the tank. Now today it is reading 96F

Why dont you use the Red Bulb? What is it for then?

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
What Patsy said
What is your night temp? If it doesn't get colder than the mid 60s then you shouldn't need the night heat. My house gets really cold at night this time of year so I use a CHE on a dimmer to just give enough heat to keep things around 70.

Also if your cool side gets up to 90 that's getting high and the 150 will probably make it worse. Where are you measuring temps from?

Well last nite was chilly in my room not sure why. Maybe the heat was off. But the thermometer on the cool side read 69F.

With the UVB and Basking light on now. The Cool side reads 80F.

Im measuring the temps from top of Basking Rock. But the thermometer isnt directly under the basking Bulb. And on the cool side I have the thermometer 1/4 the way up from bottom of tank and about 1/4 in from the left side of tank.

Im wondering if it is too cold for him at night. Im not just sure yet. I even have a Heat pad under the outside of tank, that came with my setup. I havent used it, but I was wondering if I should.

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Well he finally started to shed. Going to give him a bath later on today.

Also He has ate some carrot and grapes. But wont eat the crickets. Im going to see if I can find pheonix worms locally, if not get some offline.

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
You will want your thermometers where the dragon is. So for basking right under the basking light where he basks. On the cool side down where he will be. 69 at night is fine. You want it to cool at night like where they are from. I have heard only heat at night if it gets in the low 60s. My house gets down to 63 at night so I use the che but I only warm to around 69/70. Try putting the thermometer right under the light and checking the temp. I bet it's 10 to 20 degrees higher. 80 on the cool sound ok. You may be spot on with temps without a change.

PsycoMenace

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Yeah, I have the thermometers pretty much where he sits and all. I have the basking meter pretty close or as close to the light as I can. I will take a reading to see the difference in temp, but he usually doesnt bask directly under the bulb. more towards the front of the ledge. Not sure why.

well today he is shedding and going crazy with it. Running all over the place and scratching trying to get the skin off. Take a look

005_zpsc4ffb235.jpg

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
I agree with Rob, temps sound good. Wow that's a great shed going on. A nice warm soak should help get the rest of that off.

As far as the red light bulb goes, those are good for nocturnal animals. They offer heat and the ability for us to see them at night. I use them for my tree frogs.