• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The first child.

Newbeardiemom

Juvenile Dragon
I have a friend whose dragon doesn't like to be too warm either. The two of them are very unconventional when it comes to standard dragon raising. When he's out of his enclosure at her house he loves to be in cool dark places. Go figure? I can tell you that he is one of the healthier dragons I've seen and has a great appetite. I guess some just like to be rebels.
Well… it’ll be just my luck to get the weird one!! Lol.. I wouldn’t expect anything different!..he’s gonna be the death of me!!! Lol!

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
Yes! I swear he hates me!!
Noo he doesn't hate you! But when I first got my beardie he was in my sons room..but they said to have their tank out in the open where they can see and become familiar w/the family. So we moved him to the living room. They need socializing and activities..maybe he's just lonely. Keep that in mind..you can always move him! But he will love you! Your his new mommy lol ❤

Skybug

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Its getting cold here in FL, and my beardy still wants to go outside, getting down into the 40s even! i think its just a behavior of theirs…..

Newbeardiemom

Juvenile Dragon
Noo he doesn't hate you! But when I first got my beardie he was in my sons room..but they said to have their tank out in the open where they can see and become familiar w/the family. So we moved him to the living room. They need socializing and activities..maybe he's just lonely. Keep that in mind..you can always move him! But he will love you! Your his new mommy lol ❤
I have him in my sunroom… I have a tv in there… it’s very open..lots of sunshine… I spend at least half my day there. I live alone.. well 3 dogs, a turtle, and now Charlie! I can’t really move him where my dogs are and being in Louisiana and the extremely high humidity.. I can regulate temp and humidity level in that room really well. Someone had suggested to cover the glass which I did… then someone said no because he may feel isolated… so I uncovered them.. it doesn’t matter which I do he still heads right back up to the top corner of the cool side. I’m going to lower the temps in the hot side today and see if that helps… I just don’t know what else to do… it’s been 7 days.. I guess I was hoping to see some positive changes… I definitely won’t give up

Newbeardiemom

Juvenile Dragon
Its getting cold here in FL, and my beardy still wants to go outside, getting down into the 40s even! i think its just a behavior of theirs…..
Well today I decided to lower the temps on the hit side down 98-100… he has actually been basking and now he’s hanging on to the vent on that side (I cut about 4” square holes and covered with a metal grill)… where it is he can see out the glass door!… he pooed again!… ate a bunch of roaches… ! I was keeping the temps up where the breeder had told me they needed to be at..105-107… and he just refused to stay there. I am measuring temps with a probe so I think they are accurate. Do you think maybe he just likes it a bit cooler?? Is it gonna hurt him not to have temps up so high? He will be 5 months in a few days… I know he’s not a juvenile yet but maybe he’s just different??? I mean that would be par for my home!!!.. everyone here is different!!! Lol

Mummabeardy

Juvenile Dragon
I have him in my sunroom… I have a tv in there… it’s very open..lots of sunshine… I spend at least half my day there. I live alone.. well 3 dogs, a turtle, and now Charlie! I can’t really move him where my dogs are and being in Louisiana and the extremely high humidity.. I can regulate temp and humidity level in that room really well. Someone had suggested to cover the glass which I did… then someone said no because he may feel isolated… so I uncovered them.. it doesn’t matter which I do he still heads right back up to the top corner of the cool side. I’m going to lower the temps in the hot side today and see if that helps… I just don’t know what else to do… it’s been 7 days.. I guess I was hoping to see some positive changes… I definitely won’t give up
Tv is good too! My Mikey watches animal planet whenever I'm not home! And yes definitely only cover his tank at night..once you shut his lights off for bedtime. They like complete darkness and blanket over tank means night night. Your doing great..Charlie is very lucky! ❤

Newbeardiemom

Juvenile Dragon
Tv is good too! My Mikey watches animal planet whenever I'm not home! And yes definitely only cover his tank at night..once you shut his lights off for bedtime. They like complete darkness and blanket over tank means night night. Your doing great..Charlie is very lucky! ❤
Thank you so much for your help and positive comments..