• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

The first child.

Zombree93

Hatchling Dragon
Four weeks ago I found out I was pregnant. My boyfriend has since had a life crisis and we are no longer together. I don’t have any children, I’m 28 and live alone in a 1BR apartment. I don’t make that much money so I’m very nervous about doing this without a partner. I have my family and my job and my Beardie. Whatever comes, this new baby included, Varok will always be my firstborn. Beardie Babies Forever.

Attachments

• 20223D6B-5E29-4D1E-8E52-1153EEFECAF5.jpeg
    20223D6B-5E29-4D1E-8E52-1153EEFECAF5.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 34

Tina W.

Hatchling Dragon
Hi. Varok is gonna be a great big brother!! I'm sorry you're going through this but keep your head up honey! Look for all the resources you can to help you and your baby. I could say slot more but this is a Dragon forum. Tiny t-shirt with big brother would be awesome!

Zombree93

Hatchling Dragon
Hi. Varok is gonna be a great big brother!! I'm sorry you're going through this but keep your head up honey! Look for all the resources you can to help you and your baby. I could say slot more but this is a Dragon forum. Tiny t-shirt with big brother would be awesome!
Thank you. I think Varok is a female. When I hold a flashlight against her tail I see no hemipenes. But her tail is REALLY thick, I think it’s either all fat or maybe she’s a male. If she lays eggs we’ll know for certain.

Zombree93

Hatchling Dragon
She’s never waved at me but she doesn’t have the typical temperament of a male. She’s only darkened her beard and puffed out once and it was because she couldn’t walk across my linoleum floor in the kitchen. She got testy.
Her beard is bright orange all the time. I think her head could be considered large but she grew insanely fast and has gone through a 4 month period of no growth or shedding. She barely eats and wants to be in the dark and cold all the time.
She is eating regularly now - ish. But still doesn’t like to be too warm

Zombree93

Hatchling Dragon
She lost weight over the past 4 months but is eating now like nothing happened. I suspected early brumation but she’s under a year old. The vet couldn’t tell me if they were simply brumation symptoms or something else. They said to come in if it worsened but she was stable the whole time.

Tina W.

Hatchling Dragon
Hey, it could have been brumation but I'm not for sure. Brumation confuses the crap outta me. I hear different things all the time. I guess as long as she is ok now and putting on weight she will be ok. big sister t-shirt!!!!!

Zombree93

Hatchling Dragon
Maybe my AC felt like a winter chill? But she purposely went out of her way to avoid heat of any kind. She still does. If I try ambient temperature from the heating in my house, she lays on the glass. If I try 5 different forms of bulbs and positioning - creating different dark/light sides, she lays on the glass. If I give her a hide under the lamp, she digs through the paper towels in the bottom of the hide and LAYS ON THE GLASS.

Zombree93

Hatchling Dragon
She never used to do that. She’s just been weird AF. I had her wrapped up in a warm towel 20 minutes and she crawled the f out. Right now we’re sitting next to the heater with a towel in between her and the side vent and she is allowing it.

Tina W.

Hatchling Dragon
I have a friend whose dragon doesn't like to be too warm either. The two of them are very unconventional when it comes to standard dragon raising. When he's out of his enclosure at her house he loves to be in cool dark places. Go figure? I can tell you that he is one of the healthier dragons I've seen and has a great appetite. I guess some just like to be rebels.

Zombree93

Hatchling Dragon
I have a friend whose dragon doesn't like to be too warm either. The two of them are very unconventional when it comes to standard dragon raising. When he's out of his enclosure at her house he loves to be in cool dark places. Go figure? I can tell you that he is one of the healthier dragons I've seen and has a great appetite. I guess some just like to be rebels.

That sounds like her. Lol. Except the picky eating for awhile now.

Newbeardiemom

Juvenile Dragon
She’s never waved at me but she doesn’t have the typical temperament of a male. She’s only darkened her beard and puffed out once and it was because she couldn’t walk across my linoleum floor in the kitchen. She got testy.
Her beard is bright orange all the time. I think her head could be considered large but she grew insanely fast and has gone through a 4 month period of no growth or shedding. She barely eats and wants to be in the dark and cold all the time.
She is eating regularly now - ish. But still doesn’t like to be too warm
I just got my first beardie 7 days ago… I’ve had so so so much help and guidance on this forum… I may have already pulled my hair out if not for being able to get some really knowledgeable advice from here. But my baby is almost 5 months. While he has never waved, head bobbed, or black bearded me… in fact I can see his beard turn a very bright orange… he insists on staying up high (on a ledge I built) on the cool side. I’m keeping his temps just as the breeder told me what he did. He’s eating.. well salad is touch and go, but roaches abs superworms yes!! He pooed a day ago… nothing since. I’m beginning to wonder if he hates me!!! I have planned and built and read and asked questions until I’m crazy!! But.. why?? What I’m I not doing right?? It’s actually a comfort to know that my guy is not the only one…