• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Temp

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Basking spot on a baby tank needs to be 105.0 and 110.0 right? How high can it be

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
110F - no higher than 115F - generally if you have a sloped basking spot they can move up or down to find their comfy temp, but the highest accessible temp should really not exceed 115F.

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Man mine was high was 116.0 to 118.0. Took that bulb out and put the 50 halogone.( misspelled) bulb

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Right now it staying at that it going up slowing but his light just went off. Will check in morning

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
His temp is staying at 107.0-108.0 is that good for a baby beardie

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Ok what is the temp on cool side suppose to be for a baby bearded? Right now obser cool side its 86.0. And the basking is 111.2

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Those temps are almost perfect, cool side temps should be in the vicinity of 80-85F & the basking spot in the vicinity of 110F, so you a very close for both & that will work very well.
icon_thumright-1.gif

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
Ok here what I have my basking spot is 109.0- 112.0 and my cool side goof from 85-86 is that to high

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is good, the temps will always vary a bit up & down, you are GOOD!!! ;) If it get's any hotter, raise the light 1/2".

bouncer36

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
It a 40 gallon breeder tank
I only use the ceramic during day right now because we have air. We don't use it at night or in winter Jessie has the same size tank use the same size heater and it only staying at 82.0
I'm going to be making a basking platform soon so the rock cave is going on the cool side

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1346018166978.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1346018166978.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 45

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
If you are using the CHE in the daytime then that is why your cool side temps are up there. IF it is necessary, then you will have to raise it. I wouldn't use it at all & just keep moving the Basking Spot & Basking light to the left until you consistently get 80-85F on the cool side.

Mungi's Buddha

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Sounds like you are good to go on the temps...you will probly notice that your temps will fluctuate a couple of degrees thru-out the day but not enuf to make a big difference;)
80-85 cool side as Germ said would be better but if you are at 79.5 now I will bet if you check often it will be up in that range;)

"That's just my opinion. I could be wrong. I was ONCE!" Comedian/Social Commentarian Dennis Miller

Latest posts