• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Tell me what you guys think.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
i use a oz moon globe as you can see in the pic. Here is aussieland we have 4 different wattages, i think i use a 60 watt. They generate heat but no light. Better for night as it doesn't keep beardie awake. I don't run it at night at the moment because our heater is on 24/7 and my house isn't overly cold (new heater and still working out the kinks). I do have it on a thermostat so when it reaches 28 on the cool end, it switches off. The thermometers are only there for testing, i thought the thermostat wasn't working and wanted to check temp at hot end.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
what food are you offering him? Have you sprayed him with water? I ask because alot of beardies will not drink from water bowls

SouthernDissolution

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I soak/bathe him daily now. I have been offering crickets and Kale. Yesterday he ate like 3 crickets and no greens, today, he didnt eat anything. But he's still active as ever. Skitters everywhere and licks everything.

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ok, try some dandelion greens and flowers, endive, rocket, mango, carrot tops, turnip tops, beetroot tops, squash. I add a little pear or apple now and then. But most people say that dandelion leaves and flowers are the winners. Here is a food list i use. It's colour coded to make life easier
http://carolinadesignerdragons.com/common/docs/food_list.pdf
don't forget to dust crickets with calcium 5 times a week and vitamins twice a week

Dragonsx6

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Thanks dude. I'm loving that guide. I tried apples and pears a few weeks ago, He wasnt havin that at all LOL. I guess I'll try to switch things up. Thanks!

Mine love Pansies, banana. strawberry, raspberry. nasturtium flowers & leaves, they would eat this all day every day if I let them, depends what mood they in what greens they will eat, but any of the above they will eat anytime :)
Think sometimes it harder to ger them to eat their greens than a child ha ha :)

ajandj

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
My yoda was eating nothing at all and then he shed, maybe your guy is about to shed.. make sure you keep offering food. Don't leave crickets in the enclosure because they can turn nasty little buggers and bite beardies.

Latest posts