• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Switching to 4x2x2

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
So I got the dubia 4x2x2 enclosure. I am going to get the Arcadia 12% uvb and hoping it can go in the zoomed fixture possibly? Also I am getting tomorrow the Arcadia basking bulb and fixture. I need to know placement please. Sadie you are usually great with this. Hopefully I can get this all straightened out so I can move him tomorrow.
Screenshot_20230422-232223_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230423-014227_Chrome.jpg
Screenshot_20230423-014110_Chrome.jpg

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
So I got the dubia 4x2x2 enclosure. I am going to get the Arcadia 12% uvb and hoping it can go in the zoomed fixture possibly? Also I am getting tomorrow the Arcadia basking bulb and fixture. I need to know placement please. Sadie you are usually great with this. Hopefully I can get this all straightened out so I can move him tomorrow. View attachment 33747View attachment 33748View attachment 33749
The 12% bulb will fit into the fixture as long as its the 24" Zoo Med -- the distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - please have the digital probe thermometer on hand to get actual surface basking temps 95-100 for an adult -- need more help please ask :)

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
The 12% bulb will fit into the fixture as long as its the 24" Zoo Med -- the distance should be 12-15 inches directly above the basking decor - please have the digital probe thermometer on hand to get actual surface basking temps 95-100 for an adult -- need more help please ask :)
Is the Arcadia d3 dessert 12% the one I want or the Arcadia proT5 12%?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Is this basking bulb ok? They don't have the Arcadia one
Yes that one is fine --- just make sure your getting a actual reading off the surface basking decor -- Flukers basking NO daytime bulbs are pretty good as well --

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
Yes that one is fine --- just make sure your getting a actual reading off the surface basking decor -- Flukers basking NO daytime bulbs are pretty good as well --
Well I'm home and everything is set up(except for the uvb cause he is still using it in his tank). Under the basking light with the probe thermometer it is only reading 91. So should I put 2 basking lights up there then?? I'm struggling with this. Ugh!!

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well I'm home and everything is set up(except for the uvb cause he is still using it in his tank). Under the basking light with the probe thermometer it is only reading 91. So should I put 2 basking lights up there then?? I'm struggling with this. Ugh!!
Are you using the 150 watt? It may take another basking bulb - mine are on top of the screen so I use two on the hot side - one is a 75 watt and the other a 150 watt during the winter- the 150 will drop to 100 watt in the summer- I monitor it during the day as I work from home and they are in my office / computer room - and that room gets warm in the summer as it has good sunlight --

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon
Well I'm home and everything is set up(except for the uvb case he is still using it in his tank). Under the basking light with the probe thermometer it is only reading 91. So should I put 2 basking lights up there then?? I'm struggling with this. Ugh!!
Are you using the 150 watt? It may take another basking bulb - mine are on top of the screen so I use two on the hot side - one is a 75 watt and the other a 150 watt during the winter- the 150 will drop to 100 watt in the summer- I monitor it during the day as I work from home and they are in my office / computer room - and that room gets warm in the summer as it has good sunlight --
I did just put both of them on the top of the screen. It's almost up to 95 now. I'm putting the Arcadia 12% inside though

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well I'm home and everything is set up(except for the uvb case he is still using it in his tank). Under the basking light with the probe thermometer it is only reading 91. So should I put 2 basking lights up there then?? I'm struggling with this. Ugh!!

I did just put both of them on the top of the screen. It's almost up to 95 now. I'm putting the Arcadia 12% inside though
Putting both on top of the screen???????????? Basking bulbs? the UVB needs to go inside the tank as posted earlier - 95 is good for temp see if it goes higher - did you get another basking bulb ?

Murphy & CharLee’s Mom

Hatchling Dragon

Putting both on top of the screen???????????? Basking bulbs? the UVB needs to go inside the tank as posted earlier - 95 is good for temp see if it goes higher - did you get another basking bulb ?
Yes both basking bulbs are on top of the screen now. It's reading 95.2. The Arcadia 12% uvb goes inside correct? 12 inches above basking?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes both basking bulbs are on top of the screen now. It's reading 95.2. The Arcadia 12% uvb goes inside correct? 12 inches above basking?
Yes on the UVB 12-15 inches --- the 95 is good what wattage bulbs are you getting that ?

Latest posts