• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Starting new viv for...........

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Well finally got my arse in gear to start on my dragons vivs. Jade, Scarlett, Flash and superman. I managed to grab a shelving unit from work that I'm going to convert into 3 or 4 separate tanks.

uploadfromtaptalk1393335209834.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393335231692.jpg

Ignore all things on shelves lol none of that crap will be in there.

I also have a very eager buddie that's going to create all the rocks ledges and such. What he's created thus far.

uploadfromtaptalk1393335322525.jpg

uploadfromtaptalk1393335336778.jpg

Stay tuned folks will post pics and such as it comes along.

Cheers.

**all my post are my opinion and what I've learned over the years**

timbalan

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
About time. Lol. Nice find on the shelf wish i would have thought about that. Now i need to build another one because i plan on getting another dragon.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Yea I kinda stolen it from work.

Even though I have the shelving unit it's still costing me close to 500 to have it all completed. From glass to light fixtures to glass tracks etc....... Expensive passion.......

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
They are looking very nice, but was just wondering about the heights of these ledges. With fixed basking fixtures & fixed ledges, you will have no distance adjustment whatsoever, may not be able to find that "Perfect" bulb to give proper temps ... Would it not be better to wait until the enclosures are built, so you have an idea of how high they need to be to achieve optimal temps? Just a thought. Nice discount on the shelving units - lol. Looking forward to the finished product.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
A 50watt halogen flood will get me about 105 at 8 inches. Which the height of the one platform is 7.5. So fingers also crossed it works out. Also going to stager the heat fixtures from side to side to hopefully even heat amongst enclosures.

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
You're amazing bud!

Well I would definitely not say I'm amazing. And I definitely can not take credit for those structures. A good friend of mine is building them for me.

My creativity level when it comes to actually building those kind of things Sucks. I can imagine it but it's like my hands don't work with my mind lol.

atochats

Juvenile Dragon
LOL oh I guess I missed that part I thought you built them, well your friend is amazing then ;) What material is he using and what adhesive to attatch pieces together?

Luvthemanimal

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Pink Styrofoam because he didn't want the mess of the white stuff. Lepage wood glue to hold em together with toothpick braces. Than they will be grouped with non sanded grout and sealed with mod podge

Latest posts