• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Started on Frank's Cage Rebuild (pix)

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK! *wipes sweat off brow and wipes great stuff off of body* here's some pictures of ONE side so far....i still need to add about another can of foam to it and some ledges but for now this is what I got

IMG_7031.jpg

IMG_7032.jpg

IMG_7033.jpg

IMG_7034.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol i am covered in great stuff...im peeling it off me as we speak...only 2 more sides to go but one of those sides is a waterfall *facepalm* and then i need to do something with the floor too

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
is that epanding foam your using, i have been looking into making a rock wall in one of my tanks but was a little unsure how to if poss would you be able to give us a little info it would be apprecated

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Candice.. the step by step for Magellans' viv is needed again ;) ...lol
Janie

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
well making a fake rock wall can be done in tons of different ways...magellans cage i used a combination of polystyrene and expanding foam plus grout, paint and sealant...with frank's im just using a cardboard box as his wall (his cage is currently mesh) and spraying it with expanding foam...once it dries for either method i apply roughly 3 to 5 layers of grout with the 1st being watery and progressively getting thicker until it is almost like a think pancake mix and then i let the layers dry and i fill a spray bottle with acrylic non toxic paint (burnt umber is what i used) and water it down a bit and spray it all over the wall in several layers and then i sealed it with mod podge

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
great stuff thanks ill give it a shot ill prob mess it up some way or how ill post pics when i do thanks for the run down
paul

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
here's some pictures of the beginning of the second wall (the one with the waterfall)

IMG_7043.jpg

IMG_7044.jpg

IMG_7045.jpg

IMG_7046.jpg

IMG_7047.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Ok here's the 3rd wall. It's 99.9% done. I wanna add onto the other 2 walls and make that platform like I did with this wall. This platform however has frank's food bowl built into it.

IMG_7058.jpg

IMG_7057.jpg

IMG_7056.jpg

moth_ay

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Man, this is crazy awesome!

You are pretty awesome with the viv building there ;)

Can't wait to see the finished product!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Test fit and 1st layer of grout.
IMG_7064.JPG

IMG_7063.JPG

IMG_7066.JPG

IMG_7065.JPG

completed the plain wall and just need to paint and seal it....the other 2 walls need 1 more coat of grout and then paint and sealant
IMG_7067.jpg

IMG_7073.jpg

IMG_7074.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
thanks lance! this project is beatin the hell out of me....sooooooo much work...im making a list of things i would do differently already but given the space i had to work with, im doing my best

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
"taps foot impatiently and looks at watch" you have been working on this a while I want this done so I can see the finished product lmao. good work so far.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol thanks brian! im hoping that it will be done or atleast 99.99999% done by thursday...my dentist appointment kinda screwed me up today...i should have both walls done tomorrow so on thurs i can have it painted and sealed...i have no doubts it should be done by the end of the week though...i have frank in a plastic bin until its done and he really hates me right now...but its the price you gotta pay to get your house totally redone :D

Red Ink AUS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
It's coming around good mate, can't wait to see it all done. *taps foot in tune with Brian lol*

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
haha soon francis, soon! i wanna glue some of the fake plants into the walls too....the craft store near me has amazing deals on fake plants and vines

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
lol i thought i was the only one that went to craft stores for reptile supplies lmao

i cant wait to see the water fall finished out.

Latest posts