• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Some of the family

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
BeFunky_BeFunky_sig.jpg

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Oh that's a naughty question! I love them all and I treat them all like they were my babies BUT if I had to choose it would have to be Louie because, when I first met him he was so terribly ill and nobody thought he would make it, I told the lady I got him from that day while he was laying in his viv he WILL be my baby! Sure enough I visited him daily and he got healthier and healthier and eventually he came home with me. He had such terrible owners before he was rescued. He was 3 when he was found in a dirty filthy tiny little cage, no lights no food or water bleeding from his feet and damage internally. He has no toes on the front and he was very skittish but 5 and a half years later he's thriving, he loves attention and cuddles. His size was stunted at 9 inches because his viv was so small, nobody expected him to grow he was adult already, but having been home with me within 2 years he was 22inches nose to tale and he's remained that size. That's why he will always mean more to me he was my little miracle. :oops: I must say though I LOVE ALL MY BABIES EQUALLY they all have the same level of care :D they are spoilt to within an inch of their lives lol

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Awwww!!!! That is a sad beginning about Louie but a very happy ending because thank goodness for you, you saved him! YAY!!! ::Claps:: He certainly would be considered your miracle baby! I have 3 cats and 1 bearded dragon and I love them all equally as well but my cat's can be little brats sometimes! lol...and all my animals are EXTREMELY spoiled because I consider them my own children! My beardie is so spoiled that I have to direct the crickets right in front of his face because when he was a baby he wasn't very good at catching them, so I decided to help him and now he won't eat them unless I help him! Whoops! The things we do for all beloved pets! :rolleyes:

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
It's funny you should say that Spikey will chase them but Kai wouldn't so I did exactly the same as you :) I have a trick with all of the lizards when their too lazy to chase the food I stick the tray of locust/mealworm/whatever dinner is in the cool end of the viv and tap on the top of it (lid on) until the lizards attention is drawn they will come to investigate eventually! Kai now knows the tray and before I even approach her she's at the door waiting going nuts to get at the food. ;) Ozzy was vegetarian when we got her and she was my first so I was a bit scared of changing it took a while for me to feed her anything else but she is a character she's often intimidated by winged locust even though shes almost 4ft long lol

BeardieBaby

Juvenile Dragon
Haha and I thought I was the only one who helped my beardie eat! :D That's a good trick you have! Does your beardie eat greens at all? Mine is still only 3 months and I know a lot of little beardies don't eat their greens until their older, but I have tried a bunch of different greens and fruits and my baby won't eat any of it! He is so stubborn! Oh, and that is so cute that she is intimated by locust's and she is almost 4 ft long. What a little goofball!

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
You know I've been really lucky they've tried everything I've put in their bowl. I've avoided thinks that don't have much of a smell to try and entice them to the bowl and it's worked. I offer food from my hand once a day to try build trust and because I've been doing them such small portions I change their food 5 times a day just because I want to see what they like. They seem to love strawberries and anything green :) xx

khaleesi

Juvenile Dragon
Some lizards are just fussy. Louie has the mind set if it don't move I don't want it! He does like the smell of human food when I cook he stands at the door of his viv licking his lips lol :( he knows I wont give him it but he still does it.

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
Fantastic... I like them all. Louie would be my favorite though.

I've been trying to find a wild Skink here in Central Florida with no luck. But they are out there for sure.
I once found three legless lizards while digging out a tree in my back yard, but thought they were snakes and let them go. I wish I could find them again, they had some beautiful colors on them. I was not into reptiles back then.

Anyway, you do have a beautiful collection there. Thanks for the pics, keep them coming.

Chris Baez Jr.

Juvenile Dragon
It is best to leave the wild creatures in the wild where they belong. More times than not they don't do very well in captivity.

I agree. My intention is not to keep them, I wouldn't know how to care for them anyways, but to take some pics. I've seen them on pics, and they have some beautiful colors.

Latest posts