• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sam's Place

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
As I've pretty much exhausted the build thread on Frodo's enclosure, I figured I'd start a new one on Sam's.

Here's the framing for the stand. To give you an idea of it's size, I'm using a picture of me sitting by it.

SizeReference.jpg

Other than the framing, the entire enclosure was built out of cabinet grade birch plywood and boards.

FrontBackSides.jpg

Some trim added.

TrimAdded.jpg

The center piece does not open, but the two outside sections are access doors for storage under the enclosure.

SamsPlace3.jpg

This is a close-up of one of the handles.

SamsPlace2.jpg

Evidently I didn't take any pictures when I built the enclosure itself. Here, you can see the stand, the enclosure and the canopy.

BuildDone.jpg

Found some nice decorative pieces at Home Depot and added them to the front of the stand and canopy.

Doors.jpg

Canopy1.jpg

I designed the vent pattern and had them cut from a laser cutter at work. Having a Scottish background, I had to include a celtic cross in the pattern. ;)

Vents.jpg

Here it is stained.

Fullset1.jpg

Dimmer switches added.

ALmostfinished.jpg

Lights mounted.

Electricals1.jpg

A sneak peek at the electricals.

Electricals.jpg

Then I decided to paint the dimmer switches the same color as the vents....gold.

ALmostfinished2.jpg

Tile siliconed in.

DSCF1818.jpg

And, evidently, that was the last picture I took before having completed it. Here's the finished product. Desert background and sliding front glass doors. I had the tempered glass cut at a local glass shop. Not all that expensive, really. $40 for both pieces....1/8" thick.

Sam3.jpg

Red Dragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Wow! The pictures were great! I am trying to come up with some stacked enclosures for my new additions. Mine will not be as fancy, but looking at all of the pictures really help. Thanks!

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
how about you come build me one...take a "vacation" to FL and while here you can build one. You can do it in my back yard so as you work you can look at the beach ;)

egg 80

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
love the build craiger nice feature peice that would look real nice in our living room ;) ;) ;)

paul

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thanks everybody.

Glad to be of help, Red Dragon. If you have any questions about anything I did, don't hesitate to ask.

Sandra,

That vacation sounds really nice! You're funny. Others have tried persuading me in similar fashion over the last few years. LOL!

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hmmm... Ohhhh Beeeeeeeeeev... Wanna week free of the big boy ? I'll send ya your choice of help around the house, a weekend at the spa... or did you have something else in mind ? ;)
Janie

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
Hmmm... Ohhhh Beeeeeeeeeev... Wanna week free of the big boy ? I'll send ya your choice of help around the house, a weekend at the spa... or did you have something else in mind ? ;)
Janie

LOL! I need to show this to her. She'll get a kick out of it.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
zebraflavencs said:
*pokes at Craig's arm*.. That was the point dear !
Janie

How quickly you forget....I'm wearing the dunce hat. Remember? :D

Andrewlloyd

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Hey Craiger,
Grea tlooking viv there mate!

Quick question though, what are those silver boxes you have on the top, seems to have the wires going into them?

Ive got to setups, and to be honest.. the wires are everywhere! lol

Are they used to neaten it up a bit orr..?

Cheers,

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Andrewlloyd said:
Hey Craiger,
Grea tlooking viv there mate!

Quick question though, what are those silver boxes you have on the top, seems to have the wires going into them?

Ive got to setups, and to be honest.. the wires are everywhere! lol

Are they used to neaten it up a bit orr..?

Cheers,

They're basically electrical boxes where the connections are made between the wiring going to the lights and the cord that gets plugged in. And, yeah, mainly to keep things tidy.

Oh....and thanks for the compliment!

EAGLES

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Very nice....so silicone but no grout? What silicone did you use and how di you use it with the tile, including the bottom edge all the way around the back and sides?
Are those four lights your only lights? How do you incorporate the UVB?
Are those dimmer's manual? If yes, do you have a pattern you follow with them daily?

Latest posts