• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Respiratory infection

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Didn’t have the chance yet, will do today.
The dragon seem to be doing better since I replaced his UVB light and put up the temps, here’s the company I use :
Ok I am sorry I do not know this brand and most of the MVB's do not emit enough UVB so I am guessing this is one good cause for the RI that is going on --- please get a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb UVB--- this is always recommended when people are using the MVB's -- to me they are a glorified basking bulb that does not take care of the UVB needs for the dragon - and are extremely costly -- good for heat but not so much UVB requirements - here is a website to get the UVB fixture -- https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-prot5-kit-desert-12 24 watt---
If your going to stay w/ the MVB a better one that is recommended is the Mega Ray -- https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/mega-ray-mercury-vapour-lamps depending the on the tank size they carry the 100 watt and the 160 watt - temps are what your looking for mainly you want to be able to keep your surface basking temps - ok so I read back on the post and you have changed to a long tube fixture for the UVB? Or jut the MVB your using?

yuuishi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Ok I am sorry I do not know this brand and most of the MVB's do not emit enough UVB so I am guessing this is one good cause for the RI that is going on --- please get a Arcadia Pro T 5 w/ the 12% bulb UVB--- this is always recommended when people are using the MVB's -- to me they are a glorified basking bulb that does not take care of the UVB needs for the dragon - and are extremely costly -- good for heat but not so much UVB requirements - here is a website to get the UVB fixture -- https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/arcadia-prot5-kit-desert-12 24 watt---
If your going to stay w/ the MVB a better one that is recommended is the Mega Ray -- https://www.reptiles.swelluk.com/mega-ray-mercury-vapour-lamps depending the on the tank size they carry the 100 watt and the 160 watt - temps are what your looking for mainly you want to be able to keep your surface basking temps - ok so I read back on the post and you have changed to a long tube fixture for the UVB? Or jut the MVB your using?
Hello, I know you told me to get the Arcadia and I will try it’s just that my budget isn’t huge, also why I can’t go to see the vet..
I changed for the lamp in the picture and like I said he seem to be doing better (seem to have less trouble to breath). All my dragons have this light and are doing great.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hello, I know you told me to get the Arcadia and I will try it’s just that my budget isn’t huge, also why I can’t go to see the vet..
I changed for the lamp in the picture and like I said he seem to be doing better (seem to have less trouble to breath). All my dragons have this light and are doing great.
Do you have other extra UVB's in their tanks? I just recommend the arcadia I am thinking this is the cause for the RI -- please email Tracie so she can help you -- its good shes doing better but because the bulb is new its got UVB at this time but as it gets older its going to get weaker and weaker - if I was you I would change to a regular solid bright white basking bulb no coils or off colored or yellowish bulbs - they are going to last longer and the Arcadia does not need to be changed out till approx a year - then I recommend one month prior to date of install -- the MVB you have I would change out in 5 months --- w/ having multiple dragons its going to get expensive --

yuuishi

Bearded Dragon Egg
Do you have other extra UVB's in their tanks? I just recommend the arcadia I am thinking this is the cause for the RI -- please email Tracie so she can help you -- its good shes doing better but because the bulb is new its got UVB at this time but as it gets older its going to get weaker and weaker - if I was you I would change to a regular solid bright white basking bulb no coils or off colored or yellowish bulbs - they are going to last longer and the Arcadia does not need to be changed out till approx a year - then I recommend one month prior to date of install -- the MVB you have I would change out in 5 months --- w/ having multiple dragons its going to get expensive --
I emailed her and I’m waiting for an answer. I know Arcadia is a very good brand and I wish I can get it soon.

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I emailed her and I’m waiting for an answer. I know Arcadia is a very good brand and I wish I can get it soon.
ok good she will probably get back w/ you at night

Latest posts