• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Repticarpet being uncooperative

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
I have two repticarpets. Both are the same size and they do one annoying thing, bubble up. I try my best to put the decorations in so that it holds it down a bit but it keeps bubbling and the crickets get under it. Please let me know if you have a successful way of putting it in the tank!
275ec6c077d9ecb5522f7cd0dc7d00a9.jpg

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have two repticarpets. Both are the same size and they do one annoying thing, bubble up. I try my best to put the decorations in so that it holds it down a bit but it keeps bubbling and the crickets get under it. Please let me know if you have a successful way of putting it in the tank!
275ec6c077d9ecb5522f7cd0dc7d00a9.jpg
In time that usually flattens out, but the crickets are going to get under it anyways... When I fed crickets I feed in a bowl they cant jump out of or take their back legs off. Or feed in a big clear tub seperate from the enclosure

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
Sosa doesn't like eating in other tubs for some reason. Do you have a picture of the bowl you use so they can't get out?

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Sosa doesn't like eating in other tubs for some reason. Do you have a picture of the bowl you use so they can't get out?
Izzy prefers to eat out of her tank :) but not in another container... but will eat from the bowl

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
Hmm okay he might not be old enough to use those yet since he probably can't get his head above it

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
You'll have to trim the repticarpet just a little bit to make it lay flat. I've learned that with my tank it's 36x18x18 but that measurement is from the outside, not the inside, and it includes the plastic molding around the tank. I always have to trim the repticarpet to make it fit.

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
It fits perfectly when there is not any decorations in the tank but then it bunches up

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I guess you could even put the velcro around the edges to keep the bugs from going under but it might make it hard to get it up to clean??

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
Yes true but nothing would get under whatever is holding the Velcro in place

Hdrydr31

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Staff member
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
stick velcro to the bottom of the carpet you will most likely have to sew it on then stick the loop side on the bottom of the enclosure..

Tessa

Juvenile Dragon
I'm assuming the carpet is a material that will stick to one side of the Velcro?

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
You can get rolls of Velcro at Home Depot or Lowe's and super glue one side to the bottom of the carpet and the other side should stick to the glass. You should be able to go the length of your carpet and hopefully that'll keep the crickets from getting under

Lasen72

Juvenile Dragon
You can get velcrothat come in long strips that have adhesive on the back sides of the strips

Latest posts