• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Recommended tank/enclosure size

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Hey guys, currently my beardie is in a 48x13x21 tank. He’s still a little guy ( just a hair over 8” long) but I’m already looking into upgrading to a newer tank or enclosure in a couple of months. I was just going to get a 75 gallon 48x18x21 tank but Im open to recommendations. Thanks!

Attachments

• IMG_1468.jpeg
    IMG_1468.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 27

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hey guys, currently my beardie is in a 48x13x21 tank. He’s still a little guy ( just a hair over 8” long) but I’m already looking into upgrading to a newer tank or enclosure in a couple of months. I was just going to get a 75 gallon 48x18x21 tank but Im open to recommendations. Thanks!
I would go w/ a 4x2x2 tank --- those are the most optimal for adult dragons- there are several sites you can look at for tanks-- if you want the links please ask I can post them for you

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yes please
www.zenhabitats.com-- I have 2 of these tanks --- the screen is a stainless steel on top and the 3 sides are bambo - there is a black mat you can get for these tanks that is good
www.symtonbsf.com -- I am not fond of the black makes it too dark
www.dubiaroaches.com-- same w/ this one too dark black
https://apcages.com/ dont know anything about these tanks - not heard any feed back about them
https://talkingserpents.com/ same w/ this one no feed back on this
https://carolinadesignerdragons.com/ these are all glass making it very heavy -- I dont like the UVB set up connecting to the basking light - if you need to move it you cant -- also glass is hard to heat
https://www.diycages.com/products/c...24-pvc-board-critter-condo-with-t5ho-lighting not sure what kind of lighting they are using for brand --- havent heard any feed back about these either
Please make sure you check everything out before ordering --- most people that up graded to have gone w/ Zen or dubiaroach tanks ---
Have fun shopping

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
www.zenhabitats.com-- I have 2 of these tanks --- the screen is a stainless steel on top and the 3 sides are bambo - there is a black mat you can get for these tanks that is good
www.symtonbsf.com -- I am not fond of the black makes it too dark
www.dubiaroaches.com-- same w/ this one too dark black
https://apcages.com/ dont know anything about these tanks - not heard any feed back about them
https://talkingserpents.com/ same w/ this one no feed back on this
https://carolinadesignerdragons.com/ these are all glass making it very heavy -- I dont like the UVB set up connecting to the basking light - if you need to move it you cant -- also glass is hard to heat
https://www.diycages.com/products/c...24-pvc-board-critter-condo-with-t5ho-lighting not sure what kind of lighting they are using for brand --- havent heard any feed back about these either
Please make sure you check everything out before ordering --- most people that up graded to have gone w/ Zen or dubiaroach tanks ---
Have fun shopping
Thank you, interested in the dubia ones. You think the 48x24x18 are no good?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
From what I see they have a screen top so I could just keep my uvb and basking light on top like I currently do, correct?
No screens block 30% of the rays- if your screen now is a wide hold type it is fine on top but if it's a fine mesh like a screen door it should be inside or unobstructed - distance also plays a role between bulbs - T 8 and T 5 's have different distances and T 8 should always be unobstructed

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
No screens block 30% of the rays- if your screen now is a wide hold type it is fine on top but if it's a fine mesh like a screen door it should be inside or unobstructed - distance also plays a role between bulbs - T 8 and T 5 's have different distances and T 8 should always be unobstructed
My fault. Yeah I have a wide hole type.. is the dubia ones the same?

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My fault. Yeah I have a wide hole type.. is the dubia ones the same?
I dont know what the screens are made of out -- the Zens are stainless steel -- the basking bulbs are on top of my tanks along w/ the ceramic heat emitter- the UVB is in the tank -- I have recently had to readjust the UVB lowering to 12 inches - I have had my dragon lose his eyesight or say its impaired -- he has a cataract on one eye and abnormal lens in the other so hes stopped climbing on his decor pieces - I have put the big rock/ cave towards the back of the tank now so he sits on the floor of the tank under the UVB

Attachments

• New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    New substrate Blaze 9-30-22.jpg
    181.5 KB · Views: 25

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
I dont know what the screens are made of out -- the Zens are stainless steel -- the basking bulbs are on top of my tanks along w/ the ceramic heat emitter- the UVB is in the tank -- I have recently had to readjust the UVB lowering to 12 inches - I have had my dragon lose his eyesight or say its impaired -- he has a cataract on one eye and abnormal lens in the other so hes stopped climbing on his decor pieces - I have put the big rock/ cave towards the back of the tank now so he sits on the floor of the tank under the UVB
Okay, yeah I think right now my uvb gets within 6” at the very closest but he has a few options within 10” of the uvb

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Okay, yeah I think right now my uvb gets within 6” at the very closest but he has a few options within 10” of the uvb
Where does he sit for the most part - what distance

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Where does he sit for the most part - what distanc
on his log which is about 8” from the basking light and the uvb is just to the left of it but sometimes he will go onto the rocks which is further from uvb. When he goes to bed he goes all the way to the other side under his cave and in the morning he will stay there for about an hour directly under the uvb until he moves over to his basking log

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
on his log which is about 8” from the basking light and the uvb is just to the left of it but sometimes he will go onto the rocks which is further from uvb. When he goes to bed he goes all the way to the other side under his cave and in the morning he will stay there for about an hour directly under the uvb until he moves over to his basking log
Ok so he is basking under the UVB--

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so he is basking under the UVB--
What do you think of this setup, somebody is selling this for a really good price. It’s 6’x20’x38”, and has built in UV lights. Wanted your opinion

Attachments

• IMG_1497.jpeg
    IMG_1497.jpeg
    958 KB · Views: 19

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What do you think of this setup, somebody is selling this for a really good price. It’s 6’x20’x38”, and has built in UV lights. Wanted your opinion
That's a 200 gallon tank-- you need to lower the uvb to directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches and it needs to be in a hood/ reflector - how old is the dragon

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
That's a 200 gallon tank-- you need to lower the uvb to directly above the basking decor 12-15 inches and it needs to be in a hood/ reflector - how old is the dragon
My dragon? Probably between 3-4 months. I was just curious if it was worth getting.. for 100$? It’s very good deal

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
My dragon? Probably between 3-4 months. I was just curious if it was worth getting.. for 100$? It’s very good deal
Ok too young for now I would get him into it around 6 months of age -- what size tank is he in now? And yes that is a good deal - what was in it before and what happened to it ?

Alan_G30

Hatchling Dragon
Ok too young for now I would get him into it around 6 months of age -- what size tank is he in now? And yes that is a good deal - what was in it before and what happened to it ?
He’s in a 55 gallon tank right now, just looking for future upgrade opportunities. I was going to get a zen 4x2x2 but this 200 gallon tank looks ideal as well

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
He’s in a 55 gallon tank right now, just looking for future upgrade opportunities. I was going to get a zen 4x2x2 but this 200 gallon tank looks ideal as well
Yes it is - when you move him into the new tank make sure you have sanitized it before - F10 vet disinfectant - you want everything on par - what are you using for a uvb now--

Latest posts