• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Re: Poor Poor Pogie - She is sick - UPDATE !!!!

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Quick update for interrested parties

It seems her appetite is returning SLOWLY

She had 1 cricket on Wednesday and 3 yesterday. WOW she hasnt eaten like this since middle September.

And you guys thought 1 cricket could get a person excited. You should have seen me yesterday ;D ;D ;D

I know she still has a long recovery ahead. But for the 1st time it seems theres hope

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is wonderful news. Did you ever think you would get excited about crickets?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did you ever think you would get excited about crickets?

LOL, nope I didnt ;D
Actually never read a post where people go Whoo hoo over crickets, just poop dances LOL

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Pogie said:

LOL, nope I didnt ;D
Actually never read a post where people go Whoo hoo over crickets, just poop dances LOL

***Cricket dance***

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Quote from: Pogie on October 08, 2010, 03:49:13 PM
LOL, nope I didnt

***Cricket dance***

LOL, thank you Sandra.

Since Im busy may as well give an update as well.
Her weight is hollding steady between 360 and 368 grams. Her appetite is fluctuating from the 3 cricks I mentioned to 1 a day to some days NONE.
I really am impatient and this is killing me - the waiting and being patient part. :mad:
Sometimes I wish I was like Dr DoLittle, and could understand her better so she could tell me what she wanted.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Progress is good Monique, no matter how slow or small.

I personally think that P has turned some kind of corner now. She can only improve from here on out.

Kudos to you for your patience and perseverance, this is what has kept her alive during these stressfull weeks.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Rolandslf said:
Progress is good Monique, no matter how slow or small.

I personally think that P has turned some kind of corner now. She can only improve from here on out.

Kudos to you for your patience and perseverance, this is what has kept her alive during these stressfull weeks.

This was said perfectly, couldn't say it better myself

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK its been a while. Thought Id update.

She lost more weight and went down to 349 gramms. And then over this past weekend I could see the "Old " Pogie returning.
She gorged down 25-30 odd cricks on Friday night and since then finishes half her salad daily and eats between 1 and 3 live feeders DAILY.
Her tummy is getting bigger/fuller . . .and the loose saggy skin is fading. ;D

Think this is IT.

Rolandslf

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am so glad to hear this. the advantage of having nursed an animal through a crisis like this is the bond that has been formed.

Go POGIE Go

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Your update just gave me chills, Monique! SO glad to hear...

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That is great to hear!!! Bet you are so happy to see your baby improving.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Fingers crossed that you are on the up swing! Great nurturing, Monique!

Latest posts