• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Put tiles down...

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Might be stress. Little guy has had lotsa changes the past few days. But just watch the temps.... till you get the digi.

I'm a lot like you, a real bona fide worry wart

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
i dont know if it was the right thing to do but i put the red light in till i get a warmer one tomorrow, it was reading over 70 on the round thermometer, im so mad at myself for getting the wrong thing today :mad: :mad: :mad:,

he was shaking his head before ...lights out at 8pm tonight i think....he has had alot of changes last few days....god i hope i can stop this worry, i haventy done a thing all w,end apart from look in the bloody tank!!! :D :D

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Did that too.

The first few days I had Pogie, I even got up 2-3 times a night and "woke" her to see that she was still OK and breathing LOL

Just like with a new baby, you feel stupid and worry about everything. But like with babies, I suppose it will fade and we will all settle and become more confident. I'm slowly getting there, but doo still freak out sometimes when she does something new or stops doing something.

Thank goodness for all on this forum, theyre always there to calm your nerves.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking good. You will worry less once you have the temps and set up good. I spend a lot of time looking at the vivs when I first brought mine home too. I still spend a huge amount of time watching my baby who is more then healthy now.

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hes had a couple of poos, first one was formed and soft with white stuff and wee? and then the second one was very loose with no wee??....

im turning off the tank in a min, he can have an early night!!

now shall i put the 60w back in for tomorrow or leave the 100w?? i will get a digi asap.....

yes am very grateful for this forum!!!! :-*

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Jags...hate to be a stick in the mud but....it is great that you got a new white bulb. You will find that it works better and cheaper, however it really shouldn't be hanging it he tank like that. He can burn himself. If you check out the pic I posted my heat light is in a dome on top of the mesh cover of the tank. No way for him to get at it. If your gut even tries to lift up, he is going to hit it and burn himself. Also, a 60 watt is good, but I bet where your beardie is sitting it is way to hot because if where the bulb is. Can you get a dome and put the bulb in that and put it on top of the tank or is it set up for the bulb to set in it?

BTW....Fabulous job on the tiles.

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
its set like that :( its a wooden frame, i burnt myself on the bulb before :mad:, iv seen the ones with the wire mesh and the dome light on...maybe we could drill a hole in the top and get a dome one to fit....will have to get my brother to do it...chris is crap with any diy!!

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Yeah, I would definitely try to modify it. Maybe if you take that bulb out of that spot an make the hole a little bigger like you said. Then put a piece of metal mesh on that spot. You can then get a dome and put the bulb in that. If you burned yourself, think of what it could do to your guy. For now, if you can I would definitely lower that basking spot. It looks like you have it propped up against the rock. If so, just take the rock and move it a bit and bring down that spot. It is probably way too hot there anyways for him.

Latest posts