• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Put tiles down...

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok this is where we are up to, put tiles down, even looks better than the wood chippings,and now he wont eat them :eek:,

i know its not perfect...need a white bulb, and a log to go in,and i want a background, need a timer and a digi thermometer(getting today), but i think we might get there... we had 2 types of tile..ones slightly thicker than the other...but if i get anymore picky then i think oh will leave...not a bad thing but i need him to pay the bills.... ;D ;D

eddie006.jpg

eddie007.jpg

eddie008.jpg

eddie009.jpg

any suggestions welcome..but be kind :D :D :D

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks nice, but that red light is still there... Try a bright white instead..
Hope this helps.

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The tiles look great. And once youve done all you still have in the pipeline like lights, thermo, background. Your BD is gonna be one happy camper.

Good job

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
can i just use a normal everyday light??..im just bothered though because i wont know if its hot enough because the thermometer i have isnt a digi one?..its 100w bulb, i may have one in the cupboard but it will be a normal one....

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Pogie said:
The tiles look great. And once youve done all you still have in the pipeline like lights, thermo, background. Your BD is gonna be one happy camper.

Good job

cheers chick, he may have a nice tidy home..but you should see the state of mine!!!!! ::) :D :D

if i carnt find a 100w one...is the next watt down ok?? i think ours will be 60w,

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
cheers chick, he may have a nice tidy home..but you should see the state of mine!!!!! Roll Eyes Cheesy Cheesy

Ditto, I've got 2 boys, what a mess they make in such a small amount of time. Have thought of swapping homes with Pogie, she can come live in the chaos and I'll go stay in her viv. LOL

Yes 60 W should be fine, just refresh my memory, how big is your viv again?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Try it, but without a reliable way to measure the temps, that leaves watching the dragon, as well as noting poops and consistency, as well as appetite as a guide whether or not that is warm enough, in my opinion.

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
its...36inches by 18inches, carnt tell you what that is in foot or gallon, :-\

found a 60w, will put it in now..

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
zebraflavencs said:
Try it, but without a reliable way to measure the temps, that leaves watching the dragon, as well as noting poops and consistency, as well as appetite as a guide whether or not that is warm enough, in my opinion.

ok, i might try and get out now and see if i can get one from the fish place here...not seen them anywhere else, :-\, the guy at the shop said the round ones would be fine for now ::) ::) ::)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK,

its...36inches by 18inches, carnt tell you what that is in foot or gallon,

Cant work out gallon as I need the L x W x H, but should be around 50-60 gallon (Guessing from my tanks measurements)
So the 60W shouldnt overheat it. I have a 60W basking lamp and keeps the basking spot nice and toasty, and the cool side is fine also.

But do as Janie says, watch the dragon... Till you get the digi thermometer. And talking from experience, the round dial types are WAY WAY off.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
You'll want something like a digital thermometer with a long wire, and a probe on the end.. Home renovation stores like Walmart, Lowes and Home Depot carry these for under $20 in most cases.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Tiles look nice. Looks like everyone took great care of you!

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
just rushed out and got one....and its for humidity not heat!!! iv opened it so carnt take it back, :-[ :-[ that was £20, am p!ssed off now,
:mad:

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Pogie said:
OK,

its...36inches by 18inches, carnt tell you what that is in foot or gallon,

Cant work out gallon as I need the L x W x H, but should be around 50-60 gallon (Guessing from my tanks measurements)
So the 60W shouldnt overheat it. I have a 60W basking lamp and keeps the basking spot nice and toasty, and the cool side is fine also.

But do as Janie says, watch the dragon... Till you get the digi thermometer. And talking from experience, the round dial types are WAY WAY off.

L 36, W 18,H18 :)

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
OK,

Comes to 50 gallon / 42 UK Gallon (have always wondered what the diff is)

Anyways... Mine is 78 Gallon / 65 Uk Gallon.

Have a 60W heat bulb and Temps are fine. Your tank is a bit smaller. How far from the light can your BD get? My distance from my heat lamp to basking platform is 8 inches. If yours is a bit further I guess it will compensate for the 60W in the slightly smaller tank.

Anybody feel free to jump in and correct me if I'm talking nonsense

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
bout 8 inches give and take...he seems to be getting higher to it than the 100w bulb,where he was quite low down to bask...there was 75w bulbs at the shop but diff fitting to mine,

put the round thermometer in and it says about 100f...

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Looking good.

Yeah I forgot, the normal type bulbs disperse the heat and light more so he will get closer. Mines a spotlight type that concentrates the heat more in a beam type fashion.

He seems happy though.

Keep updating, especially after you got the digi thermometer. Am curios to see the temp readings vs round dial type readings.

t rex

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hes got abit of a black beard now,hasnt come off his pearch in a while and hasnt touched the crickets...he has had a few changes today do you think hes abit stressed?

or am i over analizing everything :-\

Latest posts