• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Possible new frillie.....

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Here is a pic of a frillie I'm considering buying. She looks pretty good I think, maybe a little under weight?? Opinions anyone?

photo.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She looks good from what I can see. I am so excited for you! They are amazing lil guys. Let me know if you need any help/info on them

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Just gotta get the ok from the hubby. "She'll make a great x-mas present for me hunny" lol. So she's worth $100 for her and a tank? That's the deal that's on the table.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
She is captive bred and this is a pic of the set up. It's small and I would buy or build her a bigger enclosure. Do they require the same lighting as beardies? This is the enclosure she will come with

frillsetup.jpg

And a pic of her frilled out

frilldisplay.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
That's not a bad setup although it is a bit small. Their lighting in term of UV is similar to beardies but their temps are lower and the humidity is higher.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Cool. I'm all for it now I just gotta wait til the hubby gets home from work and talk him into it. Time for some homework now.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well I sent you the info links. If you need help convincing let me know and I can do my best to help

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
YAY!!! he gave me the ok now I need to pick her up. Will post pics when she's home and settled.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Awesome!!! Congrats! Just a heads up, be prepared to cover the sides of her tank for a week or so and keep handling down to a minimum

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Sounds good. Now just waiting for the person to email me back so hopefully I will get her tonite!

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I will be picking up my frilly on sunday. Just to much going on with x-mas a couple days away! gotta rearrange tanks and make room for her. Will she be bothered by Yoyo if they can see each other? I don't think he'll have a problem with it, he's burmating right now. Do frillys generally acclimate pretty good?I am going to have to bring her in to the cold to move her if I get those hot hand hand warmer things will they work just to get her from there to here?

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
She may be intimidated. Frank is with Magellan. Frillies will acclimate pretty well as long as they are given time to settle in with little to no interaction with others. Frank is pretty tame as long as he can't see other lizards. He gets terrified by everything. The hand warmers will work fine. Usually just a warm car or a sock filled with rice that was warmed in the microwave.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Ok I wont put her in front of Yoyo, plan 2 is a corner in the living room but it's right by the main entry. Too busy for her? Or plan 3 is in my son's room with my leo Chester. I will not handle her when I get her here. I'll cover the sides too. When should I attempt to feed her? I will definatly make a rice sock and save a couple bucks, I don't know why I didn't think of that lol. Thanks Candice you're a great help!

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
No problem. You can feed her right away although she may not eat (just like beardies). I have mine in the most active part of the house and he's fine. As long as the sides are covered for a while she should be ok

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Well we got her home today. I decided to put Yoyo back into the living room and put the frilly in my bedroom. It's quiet in there and I won't have to worry about kids stressing her out. She's alot bigger than the pics. I really have to start working on her enclosure. I fed her about 10 dubia and she ate them right up. Then she went for a swim in her water bowl. She's awesome and I'm really going to enjoy having her. I will post pics in a few days after she settles in a bit more. i have a question about substrate tho. The previous owner was using coconut fiber or something like that' is that ok and how deep should it be? It's barely covering the bottom of the tank.

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Coconut fiber is one of the top choice substrates for Frillies. I used to use it myself and loved it. Since Frillies spend most of their time up top and rarely on the bottom there is less of a chance of them eating the substrate. You can switch to something non-particle if it makes you feel more at ease but I would stay away from tile in this case. A fall from the height of their enclosure onto hard tile isn't good. I currently use organic potting soil (may be out of season by you) and terrarium moss. It creates a nice cushiony floor when they do decide to hop down to the bottom (they aren't the most graceful creatures). To avoid her possibly eating substrate when feeding, you can make a hanging food bowl like I did in my enclosure. If you need blueprints or anything on how to make an enclosure for your lil one just let me know. I got those too.

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I will stick with the coconut fiber then, it's what she's used to. I would love to see how you made a hanging food dish. I was wondering about making this display case that I have into an enclosure. Would this work? Can I use screen of some sort to make the doors on it? Here is a pic of it any ideas? Or will this not work?

DSCF1743.jpg

beardielover17

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
What are the dimensions? That could very well be used if the depth is good enough. Not much will need to be done to it either.

I've made 2 hanging dishes. 1 was with spare reptile carpet and a egg drop soup container and the other one I made this time around was with a beat up reptile hammock and the soup container. Here's some pictures.

165304_516170510897_289600607_540127_2007046_n.jpg

IMG_5677.jpg

I have more pictures of the whole setup/build that I will post for you

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I can't remember the exact demension on it but i wanna say about 5-6 ft tall, 3-4 ft long. I know it's only about 15 inches deep. I was thinking about using some sort of wood to extend the depth and making screen doors. I love the dishes I will have to make a couple of those.

Latest posts