• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Placing of uvb and heat

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
Got my

Got my 100 w flood halogen that's Arcadia brand for $16 you go to the pet store and buy an exotera Bulb is going to cost you way more than that and probably only last three months you can go to the dollar store buy a par38 halogen flood bulb and it's going to be better than almost all the bulbs at your brand pet store you can also use BR 40 bulbs did the par 38 bulbs you can buy and almost any store Arcadia uses par 38 flood halogen bulbs under their own design it's essentially the same thing so you're just buying an expensive bulb just cuz it has the word reptile in front of it
Ok another stupid question, but for example If if we're to go to dollar tree and buy a par38 halogen flood bulb how would it provide heat

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
If you want to talk about a silk back and a 14% UVB bulb that's a different story your regular bearded dragon that doesn't have manipulated genes has its own protection against that and I can guarantee you no electric Bulb is going to be able to come close to the sun's energy there is no food source that can provide the energy that the sun can by standing out in it pure and simple

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Ok another stupid question, but for example If if we're to go to dollar tree and buy a par38 halogen flood bulb how would it provide heat
The son produces infrared a and b that's heat not only is it heat for us reptiles can see that spectrum of color flood halogen bulbs par 38 produces the best amount of infrared a and b for the price the quality and how long it lasts but that's how it's heating how a heat mat heats up is infrared c the sun doesn't output infrared c infrared c is the byproduct of infrared a and b for example when IRA and b is hitting a rock all day when the sun goes down that rock holds in and lets off heat that's infrared c

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
The son produces infrared a and b that's heat not only is it heat for us reptiles can see that spectrum of color flood halogen bulbs par 38 produces the best amount of infrared a and b for the price the quality and how long it lasts but that's how it's heating how a heat mat heats up is infrared c the sun doesn't output infrared c infrared c is the byproduct of infrared a and b for example when IRA and b is hitting a rock all day when the sun goes down that rock holds in and lets off heat that's infrared c
I feel like now is a good time to inform you that I am deeply confused with what you are saying and I mean no disrespect by that

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
IR is infrared there is infrared a and b and the byproduct of that is infrared c. Infrared to us is just heat but the reptiles it isn't only just heat they can see that spectrum of color they can also see the ultraviolet spectrum of color these are just spectrums of light that the sun produces and we are only trying to replicate that with our captive animals to provide the best welfare and natural experiences

Bluesky1019

Juvenile Dragon
IR is infrared there is infrared a and b and the byproduct of that is infrared c. Infrared to us is just heat but the reptiles it isn't only just heat they can see that spectrum of color they can also see the ultraviolet spectrum of color these are just spectrums of light that the sun produces and we are only trying to replicate that with our captive animals to provide the best welfare and natural experiences
ohhh so is a 100 w flood lamp similar to what a bearded dragon would need in the wild?

WICKEDPOGONA

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
ohhh so is a 100 w flood lamp similar to what a bearded dragon would need in the wild?
I Wouldn't say similar but is the best we can do I also heard very good things about metal halide bulbs but I have no experience using that br40 bulbs are also good I know someone personally who uses a br 40 but I myself haven't because I'm comfortable with my par 38 it works very well in my situation I would recommend a 50watt. I use a 100watt in a very large enclosure. Mercury Vapor bulbs (MVB) are good they produce UVB and an astounding Mount of infrared a and b but MVB bulbs are very expensive I have used them they are good but I have very good UVB bulbs so I don't use one

Latest posts