• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Paint?

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
So my "Critter" gets stress at his reflection in the glass, is there any safe paint to use to paint the inside of the glass (except the front one) ?

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I actually used paper towels on the inside of the tank.
Hope that helps out !
Janie

ladyknite

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
inside the tank?
Crix, roaches and most bugs will climb that. They find a way.

You can attack most anything to the outside of the tank.

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
The problem with that even if i paint the outside he can still see his refection on the inside i have to cover the inside .... the bugs aren't a problem i don't feed him in his tank. My wonderful husband vaccums and i put him on the floor with one or two options at a time and watch him go to town :) Now he doesn't run into the glass anymore chasing the little buggers.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I used a background on the tank. The background went on the outside of the tank. You can put it on and that should help. I covered 3 sides, but if you need to cover the whole thing and as he adjusts take off a little bit at a time.

staylor

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
How long have you had him? I know you told us but the amount of time you have had him may be the problem.

JustaV

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Oh ok Ive only had him 3 1/2 weeks, Do you think that is the problem?/? When will it stop?

corrine

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yoyo used to run back and forth and back and forth(hence the name). it took him about a month to settle in.

Craiger

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
corrine said:
Yoyo used to run back and forth and back and forth(hence the name). it took him about a month to settle in.

Mine did the same when they were little.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
It can take them a few months to settle down and not run back and forth like that. Glass dancing should also settle a bit UNTIL the "puberty" time. You might fight during their late juvenile stage they really start doing all that again.

pscaulkins

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
You can attach the background inside the tank. I had issues with keeping Magick's background on her 75 gal tank that one day I decided to put it on the inside. I got the double sided scotch tape and used about 3 things of it and taped the bottom, top and corners. It's been inside her tank for a few years now. I just steam it to clean it and her nails have not ripped it. She climbs the walls all the time. haha

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I got mine from a petstore. They are a little pricy, but worth it. Just measure around your tank and the height.

northface75

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hah, this thread reminded me of when my girls used to run back and forth like caged tigers :D. Yea, they settled down after a little while. I used to just let them out frequently to calm them down.

ABRAXIS

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
If you can't find a proper background, you can get adhesive covering, the type they use on shelves,from the hardware store, quite cheap, AND STICK IT ON THE INSIDE! I used that method in my first two vivs and it worked quite well. RE: SYKES'S THREAD.

Latest posts