• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbiee :) Heeey :D

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Heey, im new to the forum and to beardies :) and reptiles in general ;P ahah
Im doing lots of reasurch on bearded dragons and trying to get as much information as i can.
then the hard part...
convincing my dad ! lol.
I got my mom to drive me to my local reptile store to take a lookzieee at the dragons and she said they were cute !
:) i made her hold the lil baby beardie :) it was like the cutest thing iv ever seen :D

So yeaa imma be asking some questions and reading some stuff on here to learn more about them !
thanks for readdiinnn :)
hope to see everyone around the forum :D
peaace y'all ! :)

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Glad to see you doing research before getting a beardie. Very mature of you.

Olea

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
hey:) welcome to the forum! and yes please do ur research very important.. and with baby beardies they loooove attention! so make sure you have plenty of time :p

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This is a wonderful thing to read... Getting information, the right information, before taking the plunge as it were, getting a new pet.

If there is anything specific we can help out information wise, please don't hesitate to ask...
Good Luck !

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Heey thanks everyone :)
I am currently being homeschooled so i have LOTS of time :p
Im alone all day everyday so i wanna have a lil buddy :) tehee
I dont expect to get a beardie anytime soon, cuz i need to save up money and shtuffsss :)
but im hoping in april :) my 16th birthday and thats what imma ask for :D

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Great. Like I mentioned in the other post....a couple of breeders on here. You can contact them and get information on what they might have available at that time. It is a better way than going through a pet store.

li

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Not the ones on here, but I think they would ship up there, but you would have to check with them to be sure. Right now there is Gina (Moonlight Reptiles) and Tom (TND Dragons). You can reach both of them of them from this website.

renich

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Hi and welcome! I agree that it is great you are doing your due diligence prior to getting your dragon. I hope your dad comes around.

You may also want to contact Harley D. I know she lives in Canada and has 2 healthy dragons. She may be able to help you find a reputable breeder.

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Heey thanks ! :)
Im reeely tryin hard to convince him ! Imma do lots of reasurch to show him i can take care of one :)
tehee !

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Check into breeding your own crickets too. Keep in mind they jump, adults make lots of noise, and there is an odor issue as well.

Young dragons can consume as much as 100 appropriately sized crickets in a day.
Correct sizing is length of feeder not to exceed the distance between the dragon's eyes.

I can go on, but I'll let you ask specifics so I don't overwhelm you. I've been accused of that a time or three... *grins*.

Good luck !

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Okaay thanks very much !
i do think the smell and noise will be a problem with my dad...
hes a neat and silence freak lol. what about the mealworms ?
would they be easy to breed with like no smell and such ?
lol even thoe they are gross :S :p ahah

Beardie_Mommy3991

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Mealworms are not good for beirdies. Other reptiles may eat them, but our dragons cannot digest the shells. If your father has a problem with crickets, you can maybe consider breeding roaches. You would have to feed crickets for a few months while your colony grows, but after it is ready, you will never have to buy prey again. Also, roaches don't smell, make no noise, and they have other perks too.

Other people on here can tell you more about roaches and roach breeding. :) Good luck convincing your dad. Beardies are really a joy to own.

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Roaches are difficult to find in Canada, but it is possible.

To get a colony going, check out the Sticky, in feeding that I did.
I've been raising roaches now for 3 years... Best darned feeder I could have gotten.

Hope this helps out !

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
that sounds great !
but this may sound silly....
lol....
im deathly terrified of roaches... and spiders... :S lol
i might might might be able to find a space downstairs where i could breed the crix...
idk :S
how loud do they get ? like are they so loud you can hear them from anywhere in the house ?

Pogie

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Well my crix can be heard from my bedroom. thats about 49 feet away.
But its not really irritating to me. I kind of dont even hear them anymore.

Ive heard of ppl keeping their cricks in the garage. Just make sure it doesnt get too cold for them there

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Yeaa im thinking the garage may be a better place, my dad prolly wont complane then ;p lol. but the only problem is in the winter... it gets super cold in the garage. :/ I could prolly find a cheap heater thoee and try and keep them warm...

zebraflavencs

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Under tank heater for a 10 gallon would do fine in that case... Just plug it in, leave it plugged in all winter... Summer the temps may pose a problem too warm... but we can tackle that in time.
Hope this helps !

Snickkerz

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Does it matter how many are kept in the 10 gal ?
and is all you do is just put them in the tank, keep it warm during the winter and they will reproduce or is it more complicated than that ?

Latest posts