• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new viv, new camera, new outlook.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
i JUST got my Kyuubi a new tank. its a 40 gallon and hes loving it! i put some more stuff in it and this is how it looks below. i also am throwing in a few pics of kyuubi cuz i got a good camera.

edit: pictures failed to upload and photobucket is down. one moment please.

p4170012q.jpg

p4170015.jpg

p4170017.jpg

p4170014.jpg

p4170011.jpg

p4170022z.jpg

p4170019.jpg

p4170010h.jpg

p4170004.jpg

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
i JUST got my Kyuubi a new tank. its a 40 gallon and hes loving it! i put some more stuff in it and this is how it looks below. i also am throwing in a few pics of kyuubi cuz i got a good camera.

edit: pictures failed to upload and photobucket is down. one moment please.
I'm excited for you both! I look forward to viewing the photos.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Awwww! Kyuubi is looking like such a big kid! But so tiny in that big ol' tank. Beautiful pics!

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Nice pics ...

Is where the probe is sitting in the pics where you are taking your basking temp? It should be taken where your BD is sitting, it will be considerably hotter there. You may find that the crix will love to hide under the carpet over lap.

Nice improvement :)

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Nice pics ...

Is where the probe is sitting in the pics where you are taking your basking temp? It should be taken where your BD is sitting, it will be considerably hotter there. You may find that the crix will love to hide under the carpet over lap.

it is my basking spot, i had it right at the tip top but Kyuubi keeps knocking it down to get on there. though the temp where it sits now is 95, so i would assume the temp where he basks is around 100-103. the tank is taller then my old one so i added the extra rocks. he is used to 108F so im waiting for him to get off the basking spot to get a proper read.

the overlap is from the carpet not being the right fit and from it being rolled up. i have rockes placed on it now i just added and i will add more. just gotta find the right rocks. dont wanna have it cluttered.

glad the improvments are good. he has all the space he needs for at least a year right i would assume?

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
Nice pics ...

LOL crickets will hide anywhere and everywhere they can find a spot! Especially when they're tiny.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
LOL crickets will hide anywhere and everywhere they can find a spot! Especially when they're tiny.
yea, now i got a whole huge tank to check before bed now. now its at my waist now, before it wall up higher then me as that was the only place to but it. i halled a desk from my bacement and the new tank sits perfect on it!

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
just tape the probe on the basking spot in place that is what i do so i can get an exact read on his basking spot at anytime
great idea. i have medical tape i can use so it wont be all bad for him if he licks it or somthing.

@pat B thanks for the kind words. im happy i actually have good pictures of my dragon now. before all i had was a cell hone and i was not happy with how the pictures from that turned out.

he is already liking the tank. i tried to keep the set up kinda like his old tank but its just so huge i had to add more. though he does not seem to mind

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
one thing i don't see in his tank is a humidity reader
im trying to get a good one, thats digital. however i can not find one yet. though i dont keep water in his cage to prevent high levels of it.

even if i had one i dont see how it helps as i cant adjust the levels down, and they almost never need to be adjusted up so far as i have sen.

though to be clear i DO plan on getting one VERY soon, i just want a good one.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I agree with the Dude, if the ambient humidity of the climate is high, what can you do about it? My humidity levels where I live are high, sure a de-humidifier may help, but I won't live with no open windows. My BDs have done quite well at humidity levels of 50-60%+ for many years. I would like to have them lower, but what can you do?

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I agree with the Dude, if the ambient humidity of the climate is high, what can you do about it? My humidity levels where I live are high, sure a de-humidifier may help, but I won't live with no open windows. My BDs have done quite well at humidity levels of 50-60%+ for many years. I would like to have them lower, but what can you do?
when i saw you had posted in here again i was thinking i might have been getting scolded for not having one. i was wrong haha.

do you think i need to buy one? i mean they cost around $20 so it seems useless to me.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I've got a $3-$4 dollar analog one that does the job of letting me know close enough.

ThDude

Bearded Dragon Veteran
I've got a $3-$4 dollar analog one that does the job of letting me know close enough.
ahh, see i was turned off to the analog ones cuz of the thermomitors not giving good readings. maybe i will pick one up sometime.

Germ

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I have two other Humidity gauges in the Apt, analog also, but they all give similar readings.

Aleena

Bearded Dragon Veteran
1,000+ Post Club
About all you can do aside from getting a de humidifier is air conditioning help with humidity i've noticed, and remove the water dish from the viv if you have one in there. I don't have humidity gauges.. but Utah is really dry. I don't see a need for them.

Latest posts