• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Uromastyx

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Walked away with this little guy from Repticon Greater Memphis. He will be my resident vegetarian. I haven't named him, ideas?

SAM_0055.jpg

Jiffy

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Congrats, very cute!
Since the orange color and it is near halloween also.

crypticdragons

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
cute
just make sure you keep it quarantined from tink and rex as many uros are wild caught and could carry a ton of parasites. Be sure to clean your hands and any surface the uro touches before letting your dragons in the areas.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Oh, I know for fact that he is captive bred and raised. But yes, there was one vendor at the show selling "wild caught" uro's. Plus I have to keep Rex quarantined form everything lol. I was cleaning tink's viv today and the curtain fell down. Rex saw Tink and blackbearded. Then I put the partition back up and he started head bobbing like "hey you're obstructing my view!" Lol, I thought it was pretty funny.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
I actually like the god of war name Ares, definitely a consideration thank you! Pumpkin would be funny considering he will be full orange as an adult.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
he is a uromastyx geyri, aka the Saharan Spiny-tailed Lizard, they originate from North Africa and are vegetarians that turn solid orange as adults

Debbe

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
I am envious. That will be my next baby. I moved, and it is just Marley and Lizzie. and Poppy the spider wrangler and I. I like the Zeus for a name. And he is BEAUTIFUL! I want to come over and play with him.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Come on over hehe. I named him Haji which is a middle eastern term I picked up over in Iraq, meaning somebody that is on the Haj (pilgrimage). I gave him that name because he originates from Egypt.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Haha well i just call him haj for short, it's actually not a derogatory term as popularly believed, only when you use it to stereotype.

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
Very cool uro man, I have two myself, and they are tons of fun. I have an Egyptian named King Tut, and a golden named Wally. Your Haji is REALLY tiny, I got mine when they were a little bit bigger than him. Best of luck!

Gail

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
My mom has a trio of those orange uro, I kept the male for awhile and I called him Radish. Unfortunately hers are wildcaught and we never could get them tamed down enough to hold.

Justus85

Hatchling Dragon
3 Year Member
Ol Haj just died. I don't know what this dudes deal was. Fed him right, bought a dang 40 dollar MVB and he just went. He was never friendly despite the breeders statement about his disposition being like a beardie. I dont want condolences because I didn't like this dude just letting people know so they dont ask for updates on Haj. Just found him dead curled up under his hide. Tink and Rex are doing splendidly.

BigDaddyDragon

Bearded Dragon Egg
3 Year Member
That's strange dude. My king tut is really friendly, but Wally is really skittish, he runs into his hide as soon as anybody walks into the room. I think he was wild caught. Maybe your haj was too? I hope he doesn't die.

Latest posts