• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to Bearded Dragons

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I am done. Put the basking lights on a dimmer and put in a dimmer for the nighttime ceramic. Our house gets done to low 60s at night in the winter and the ceramic will keep it from getting to cold.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1416962109.633500.jpg

jarich

Bearded Dragon Veteran
Looking good Rob! I would suggest getting a reflector for that fluorescent tube though. At that height it wI'll need the extra boosting to really give you the exposure you want.

How are your temps holding now?

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Temps are doing good now. I just put his favorite basking up another couple inches and it's about 16 inches from the fluorescent now.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1417313486.752970.jpg

I can't seem to find a reflector for a 36 inch t8. I may try and make one out of thin aluminum otherwise I may need to confer to a t5 fixture and bulb. I did paint the roof with bright white paint which should add some reflectivity.

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
I did more research and decided (after getting the reflector) that he will still not get enough UVB with a T8 at my distance. I ordered a 36 in sunblaster t5 with a zoo med t5 HO 10.0 which I will get tomorrow. Based on what I am reading that setup will get me enough UVB at 16-18 inches.

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
New T5 came today and I got it mounted it. Nice thing is that it is a very lightweight grow light fixture that I can suspend from a chain. I now have the T5 with a reflector about 11 inches from his basking spot.
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1418431811.399889.jpg

naturalman91

Bearded Dragon Egg
new to the site and to dragon's don't have one yet but have been looking for inspiration i like this a lot.

one question... how the heck did you wire up those digital readout and stuff on temps i'm not much of a electrician but if i knew what to get i know people that could help with it

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
Sorry been off social media for lent. The company I work for has a print shop. I gave them the photo and the foam board dimensions and they did it for me.

rob.kolm

Juvenile Dragon
3 Year Member
The digital readouts are for cabinet cooling from coolerguys.com. One is just temp and the other hooks to a fan to exhaust if the cool side gets over 85.

Latest posts