• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
No dragons need cool and dark- the tank should not drop below 65 at night if it gets below 65 at night you would need to get a ceramic heat emitter- NO colored bulbs No heat mats or heat rocks!! Colored bulbs are harmful to the eyes- dragons have a 3rd eye it distorts their vision- lights should be on 12 hrs on 12 hrs off-- do not feed less than 2-3 hrs before lights off they need that time to start digestion
Omg my grandson had a red light on Zeus all the time

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The uv and uvb bulb I’ve had it for 10days
Ok so look into getting the UVB - get one for your tank - let me know what your basking temp is you need that digital probe thermometer ASAP- the evergreen I am going to check on for correct distance

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so look into getting the UVB - get one for your tank - let me know what your basking temp is you need that digital probe thermometer ASAP- the evergreen I am going to check on for correct distance
Ok thank u

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
www.dubiaroaches.com great roaches and easy to care for - feed dubia food along w/ some water crystals and carrots or squash for hydration - also they have medium super worms now and medium horn worms these are great hydration worms they grow really fast so only order small amounts and order medium size- they can be fed every day 1-2 super worms feed 1-3 every other day or so - they can be kept for long periods of time you can keep them in regular oatmeal and feed them carrots for hydration
www.reptilianarts.com good place for silk worms another great staple feeder you will need to keep containers cleaned out every day and if they dont come w/ food you would need to order food- they also carry roaches and super worms
www.mulberryfarms.com they are out of silk worms but carry the butter worms and horn worms - and BSFL which are another great staple feeder and are a great staple for babies - order large they re small also DO NOT dust them w/ calcium they are enriched w/ calcium -- this place is high on shipping as they ship FED EX-
Zeus should be getting supplements vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding if your feeding more than once a day -- dust his insects lightly -- calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly dusted since we dont know exactly how old he is this should of been done from the time he was a baby till he was about a year w/ the calcium D3- at that point she should of been having calcium D3 and calcium w/ out D3 and w/ out phosphorus every other feeding of the insects but since he hasnt been getting any I am assuming the 6 year old never did this he should be getting it now -- let me know if you need more help or more questions but I would start w/ the supplements and get the lighting in order along w/ correct basking temps- I am going to check on the ratio of the supplements - can you post a pic of Zeus from above so I can see his whole body

Frank the baby beardry

Bearded Dragon Veteran
http://www.beautifuldragons.com/Nutrition.html ignore the kale thing its a good staple feeder
www.dubiaroaches.com great roaches and easy to care for - feed dubia food along w/ some water crystals and carrots or squash for hydration - also they have medium super worms now and medium horn worms these are great hydration worms they grow really fast so only order small amounts and order medium size- they can be fed every day 1-2 super worms feed 1-3 every other day or so - they can be kept for long periods of time you can keep them in regular oatmeal and feed them carrots for hydration
www.reptilianarts.com good place for silk worms another great staple feeder you will need to keep containers cleaned out every day and if they dont come w/ food you would need to order food- they also carry roaches and super worms
www.mulberryfarms.com they are out of silk worms but carry the butter worms and horn worms - and BSFL which are another great staple feeder and are a great staple for babies - order large they re small also DO NOT dust them w/ calcium they are enriched w/ calcium -- this place is high on shipping as they ship FED EX-
Zeus should be getting supplements vitamins w/ beta carotene 2 x per week ONCE per feeding if your feeding more than once a day -- dust his insects lightly -- calcium D3 5 x per week ONCE per feeding lightly dusted since we dont know exactly how old he is this should of been done from the time he was a baby till he was about a year w/ the calcium D3- at that point she should of been having calcium D3 and calcium w/ out D3 and w/ out phosphorus every other feeding of the insects but since he hasnt been getting any I am assuming the 6 year old never did this he should be getting it now -- let me know if you need more help or more questions but I would start w/ the supplements and get the lighting in order along w/ correct basking temps- I am going to check on the ratio of the supplements - can you post a pic of Zeus from above so I can see his whole body
I get bored after writing 6 sentences how do you not. Also I like how I won’t listen to a history lefture but I will read all of this even though I know it all

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Thank u and am going to write down what u said goodnite
Here is a response I got from someone who tests these bulbs -- he uses MVB's -
I've heard of them but I haven't seen or tested them. Perhaps I should get one. Since I don't know it, I can't really recommend using it. Based on similar bulbs I'd say shoot for about 12'' above the main basking area give or take a couple of inches either way. If it's shining through mesh, make it more like 8-10 or so. That's just an educated guess assuming the bulb is working the way it should.

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Here is a response I got from someone who tests these bulbs -- he uses MVB's -
I've heard of them but I haven't seen or tested them. Perhaps I should get one. Since I don't know it, I can't really recommend using it. Based on similar bulbs I'd say shoot for about 12'' above the main basking area give or take a couple of inches either way. If it's shining through mesh, make it more like 8-10 or so. That's just an educated guess assuming the bulb is working the way it should.
Hello Sadie sorry I haven’t answered y’all I been at church and I appreciate your knowledge about Zeus

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Are you 100% sure about this information? I rescued Zontar when he was 4 years old and he measured 16 inches. Upon his death last month at 10 years of age he measured 22 inches and weighed 540 grams.
No I didn’t have a accurate measurement of Zeus I used my iPhone to do the measurements

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
mos told the time by 1 year they are 18-24 inches long
Dragons grow at different rates- if you don't have correct info from previous owners or no info and the dragon has not been fed properly and incorrect lighting all plays a role in how big they are at certain ages- example I rescued a dragon the owner first said she was 6 months old--- I saw a pic of her then when I picked her up she looked nothing like her pic- she was on death's door- then the girl said she was a year old then I was floored cuz she was in really bad shape+ she had been in a 20 gallon tank under a coil UVB and starved to death+ she went straight to my reptile vet and Dr nancy said she was severely malnourished and dehydrated! I was so pissed- I brought her home started to feed her but she got so weak she could not eat-- so I started syringe feeding oxbow critical care herbivore/ carnivore-- she lived for 2 weeks- she was about 4-6 inches long- moral of the story you can't really tell by how old they are by how big they are- you can guess or come close w/ out correct info

Zontar’s Mom

Juvenile Dragon
Dragons grow at different rates- if you don't have correct info from previous owners or no info and the dragon has not been fed properly and incorrect lighting all plays a role in how big they are at certain ages- example I rescued a dragon the owner first said she was 6 months old--- I saw a pic of her then when I picked her up she looked nothing like her pic- she was on death's door- then the girl said she was a year old then I was floored cuz she was in really bad shape+ she had been in a 20 gallon tank under a coil UVB and starved to death+ she went straight to my reptile vet and Dr nancy said she was severely malnourished and dehydrated! I was so pissed- I brought her home started to feed her but she got so weak she could not eat-- so I started syringe feeding oxbow critical care herbivore/ carnivore-- she lived for 2 weeks- she was about 4-6 inches long- moral of the story you can't really tell by how old they are by how big they are- you can guess or come close
Dragons grow at different rates- if you don't have correct info from previous owners or no info and the dragon has not been fed properly and incorrect lighting all plays a role in how big they are at certain ages- example I rescued a dragon the owner first said she was 6 months old--- I saw a pic of her then when I picked her up she looked nothing like her pic- she was on death's door- then the girl said she was a year old then I was floored cuz she was in really bad shape+ she had been in a 20 gallon tank under a coil UVB and starved to death+ she went straight to my reptile vet and Dr nancy said she was severely malnourished and dehydrated! I was so pissed- I brought her home started to feed her but she got so weak she could not eat-- so I started syringe feeding oxbow critical care herbivore/ carnivore-- she lived for 2 weeks- she was about 4-6 inches long- moral of the story you can't really tell by how old they are by how big they are- you can guess or come close w/ out correct info
Makes sense

Bailey

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
He needs a linear UVB light immediately! He is going to die with out it... Remember what Sadie said: NO COIL BULBS!

Latest posts