• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New owner

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Better picture of him the other one you posted he looked smaller I am guessing 6 months --- where did you get him and if from someone else how old was he when they got him and how long did they have him for
Better picture of him the other one you posted he looked smaller I am guessing 6 months --- where did you get him and if from someone else how old was he when they got him and how long did they have him for ?
I got him from my grandson he said his moms friend gave Zeus to him

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Thank you I have a lots to learn
I got him from my grandson he said his moms friend gave Zeus to him
6 year old kid had him and wasn’t taking care of him so they gave him to Jaydin mom’s friend he gave it to Jaydin he had Zeus for about I think 10 months his mom got a dog so Zeus couldn’t stay there with me Zeus is here to stay I have 2 birds parakeets for 4yrs and 2 leopard geckos for 2yrs I keep the birds and the geckos in my room and Zeus is in the living room

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
6 year old kid had him and wasn’t taking care of him so they gave him to Jaydin mom’s friend he gave it to Jaydin he had Zeus for about I think 10 months his mom got a dog so Zeus couldn’t stay there with me Zeus is here to stay I have 2 birds parakeets for 4yrs and 2 leopard geckos for 2yrs I keep the birds and the geckos in my room and Zeus is in the living room
And you have had him how long? So if they got him at say 3 months

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
is that a different light than the 100 uv bulb
Yes-- you need a long tube fixture ASAP--- He is more than likely developing mbd and that is not good-- you may wake up one morning and find him not able to walk or having seizures

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I’ve had him 11daze

what is the name for it and is it fluorescent light
You need a 24" fixture-- for a 40+ gallon tank--- either a Zoo Med or sunblaster or a Arcadia - a Reptisun 10.0 T 5 or a Arcadia 12% desert bulb--- yes it is a fluorescent bulb--- right now he looks healthy - I am gonna say he's hiding the sickness that is what they do it is instinct to do that---- I read all the time people waking up to find their dragon not moving or having seizures- the UVB helps them absorb/ synthesize the calcium they eat-- it is imperative that they have this light- are you feeding calcium on his insects? The 6 year old would not have done this- this dragon is getting sicker and sicker the longer he goes w/ out the UVB

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
This bulb I have has uvb

Attachments

• 1B0A76A5-498F-4876-ABC2-56E5422A7FF9.png
    1B0A76A5-498F-4876-ABC2-56E5422A7FF9.png
    2.6 MB · Views: 5

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
This bulb I have has uvb
Ok so w/ that being said I want you to get a better one if you want to stay w/ the mvb-- what size is your tank? I would look at getting a power sun or mega ray - depending on the tank size you would need either a 125 watt or 160 but the smaller tank you would need the 125 watt and distance and placement is crucial- I also still recommend getting another uvb-- the long tube fixture

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so w/ that being said I want you to get a better one if you want to stay w/ the mvb-- what size is your tank? I would look at getting a power sun or mega ray - depending on the tank size you would need either a 125 watt or 160 but the smaller tank you would need the 125 watt and distance and placement is crucial- I also still recommend getting another uvb-- the long tube fixture
The size of the tank is a 40 gallon

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
The size of the tank is a 40 gallon
Ok so do you know how old the mvb is? If it's 6 months old it needs to be replaced- I still recommend getting the long tube uvb-- I am thinking the mvb your using is not putting out adequate uvb-- most of the time I do recommend adding an extra uvb to the tank of people using mvb's most do not have adequate uvb-- you can get a 20" and that would be the T 8 but I still recommend the T 5- and you can get rid of the mvb all together and just get a bright white basking bulb - all these bulbs the mvb and UVB have certain placement and distances

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
Oh yea do I keep the light on while he is sleeping or do it stay on all night
No dragons need cool and dark- the tank should not drop below 65 at night if it gets below 65 at night you would need to get a ceramic heat emitter- NO colored bulbs No heat mats or heat rocks!! Colored bulbs are harmful to the eyes- dragons have a 3rd eye it distorts their vision- lights should be on 12 hrs on 12 hrs off-- do not feed less than 2-3 hrs before lights off they need that time to start digestion

Vheefresch

Hatchling Dragon
Ok so do you know how old the mvb is? If it's 6 months old it needs to be replaced- I still recommend getting the long tube uvb-- I am thinking the mvb your using is not putting out adequate uvb-- most of the time I do recommend adding an extra uvb to the tank of people using mvb's most do not have adequate uvb-- you can get a 20" and that would be the T 8 but I still recommend the T 5- and you can get rid of the mvb all together and just get a bright white basking bulb - all these bulbs the mvb and UVB have certain placement and distances
The uv and uvb bulb I’ve had it for 10days

Sadie

Bearded Dragon Veteran
3 Year Member
1,000+ Post Club
I know I b bothering y’all I have so many questions can I give him dehydrated crickets
Not really - he needs fresh greens everyday along w/ live insects- I will post a nutrition website and websites for insects/ worms tomorrow

Latest posts