• Hello guest! Are you a Bearded Dragon enthusiast? If so we invite you to join our community and see what it has to offer. Our site is specifically designed for you and it's a great place for Beardie enthusiasts to meet online. Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your dragons and enclosures and have a great time with other Bearded Dragon enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New baby coming soon!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Thanks guys, he is beautiful! As soon as we put him in is cage, he stopped liking me, LOL! I hope he just needs some more time to adjust. There was a couple of things he did that were just like Dexter and Luci. He was on the side of his cage and started rubbing his head on in it I'm assuming because there some shed skin on it. The other thing he did was at night he found a sleep spot and tucked himself in and just kinda looked at me like he was asking if that was an okay spot. He's next to Luci's tank and I thought Luci was showing some dominance but my boyfriend didn't agree with me. Also, I have one frog that is completely obsessed! I had to cover the side of the frog tank so she couldn't see the chameleon. Now the frog has taken to sleeping on the door right at the hinge so I can't open it to clean it. I'll post more pictures when I can get them, he's a good hider!

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Very cute! Congrats on the new addition.

Thanks Jarich! He's adjusting real well. He has a few traits that the bearded dragons do. Instead of glass dancing he sort does this screen dance like he's trying to get to something on the other side. He also found his sleepy spot and he goes back to it each night at the same time and goes right to sleep.

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
Just an update. He's changed so much in the past few months! He's VERY skittish and I don't think I will ever get to hold him. I've been doing some exercises with him to help him gain trust he's now letting me "pet" him as he's running to his safe spot and will use my hand as a stepping stone to get to a better place. I leave his cage open and hang a vine out hoping that he will get out of his comfort zone and climb out.

I did almost kill him a few months back! I gave him a hornworm that was a bit too big and it gripped onto his lip as he was trying to swallow it so it was stuck in his throat. I was able to pull it out for him but he has a little scar on his lip :(

here's a few updated photos. Again, he hides when I open the cage so I haven't been able to get real good photos yet.
20150609_200446.jpg
20150610_164603.jpg

jager

Hatchling Dragon
He is so cute! I find chameleons to be such interesting looking lizards, although the ones with horns are kinda scary looking. LOL Sucks that he won't let you hold him yet but I am sure that with time he will come to love being handled. :)

PatsyB

Super Moderator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Beardie Club
He is so cute! I find chameleons to be such interesting looking lizards, although the ones with horns are kinda scary looking. LOL Sucks that he won't let you hold him yet but I am sure that with time he will come to love being handled. :)

Yeah the ones with the horns are kinda freaky. I like the veileds with their little top hats! I've been trying to hand feed him but so far he isn't interested. I'm going to keep trying though.

ccook94

Juvenile Dragon
He's so cute! I love chameleons, they are so cool. I'd love to have one o some day lol

Latest posts